10 Signs You're In a Toxic Relationship

10 Signs You're In a Toxic Relationship

The worst thing that you can do for yourself is stay. If you're in a toxic relationship, think about the ways you can get out of it.

5987
sad

So many people are in toxic relationships and don't even realize it. It is understandable though, as some people can't see the issue because they are way too close to it. As time goes on, the relationship will, without a doubt, begin to lead to serious mental health issues. The main aspect of life is happiness, and without that, there is no point in being with that person. If you can relate to even 3 of the below points, I highly suggest reevaluating your relationship.

1. You Constantly Feel Drained

You are always feeling down and depressed, as well as feeling especially drained. You feel like your relationship is an ongoing battle, and you'll never come out on top. You might even feel like you are fighting more than not, which is extremely unhealthy, and you probably need to end things for the better.

2. The Lack of Trust

There is absolutely zero trust. This could mean asking you to stay home instead of going out with your friends on a normal basis, or constantly stalking you on Find My Friends, asking where you are obsessive. It's cliche, but trust truly is the foundation of a relationship, and without that, there is no reason to be together.

3. Feeling Like They Are the Best You Can Do

A lot of people are constantly feeling like if they leave their partner, they will never find someone who measures up. However, the reality is that you could be doing way better than the person that causes you so much pain instead of happiness.

4. Dishonesty 

This is a lot like trust, but if your partner is leading you to feel like there is a lot more than you know going on, there probably is. Chances are, you're right. Intuition is a strong thing, and once someone begins lying, it always spirals into something so much bigger.

5. Constant Judgement 

When your partner begins criticizing your every outfit, thought, or anything else on a constant basis, this relationship is definitely classified as toxic. Your partner should be making you feel extremely confident and loved, not judge you every chance they get.

6. You Notice That You Have No Friends

One day, you look around and realize that you have no friends. You have pushed away everyone that is close to you because your toxic partner takes up all your time and energy. When you need someone to lean on, your partner has more than likely made sure that you have no one else but him. And trust me, if you let your partner do this to you, you will probably end up losing your friends forever. No one wants to be second best to a boyfriend or girlfriend.

7. Disrespect

Your partner does not respect you, and you can begin to feel this. They begin feeling like they can push you around and make decisions for you. This is a major factor in realizing that you are in a toxic relationship.

8. The Never Ending Drama 

There is so much drama every day. Once things start to get better, something happens and you are right back where you started. You feel like you will never come out on top.

9. They Are Pushing Your Family Away

It is not uncommon for your family to not like your significant other, however maybe you should take it with a grain of salt. Your family just wants your happiness at the end of the day, and if your partner has begun pushing them away from your life as well, that's when you know you have an issue. If you notice that you don't talk to your parents or your siblings as much, it is definitely a major issue and is time to cut the cord.

10. You Begin to Become More and More Unhappy 

You can feel yourself beginning to become a lot more unhappy as time goes on, and this is probably the main and deciding factor.

Of course is it never so simple as just leaving. But sometimes it has to be. When it comes to your happiness, there is nothing that can replace that. Reach out to the people that care about you, and open up. Sometimes those in toxic relationships are so isolated they have no one to talk to, but someone will listen. Sometimes it takes the opinion of someone close to you, to change your opinion. There is no way that you can stay in a relationship like this, sometimes you just have to cut the cord.