The bigger the better. The more the merrier. If you come from a big family, you know just how true these idioms can be, and how they’re easily overshadowed by the struggles that come with all of the craziness. No matter how stressful, frustrating, and, yes, painful a big family can be, you’d never change it for the world. After all, you know you’re from one big happy family if:
1. You’re always talking loudly.
2. You couldn’t survive if you were a germaphobe. All your food would be stolen.
3. You’ve learned to work with distractions.
4. You didn’t need friends, you had siblings.
5. Your family makes up the majority of any extended family gatherings- which can be quite interesting.
6. Your clean is most peoples’ messy.
7. Your family does Secret Santa at Christmas because buying a gift for everyone would have led you to the dollar store.
8. Good family pictures don’t really exist.
9. Hand-me-downs were life until you finally outgrew your siblings if you ever did.
10. Calling fives is a habit that will never be let go. You need that seat!
11. You’ve been forgotten at least once.
12. You never get alone time, but, when you do, you wish your siblings were around because you have a thousand things you want to tell them. After all, they're your people.