I'm Sick Of The Hateful Comments

I'm Sick Of The Hateful Comments

Be respectful of others.

31
I'm Sick Of The Hateful Comments
123RF

Opinionated Facebook status'. We've all seen them. Whether the opinionated post is about the presidential debate or ice cream, my fellow Facebook friends do not hesitate to post their opinion. I'm not necessarily concerned about what people believe in, I'm more concerned about how people react to others for having different beliefs.

As I scroll through my Facebook feed, I continuously come across crude and bashful comments. Why? Because a person decided they have a different opinion and they just couldn't hold back. Now don't get me wrong, when I see someone have different beliefs than me, I cringe inside, but that doesn't give me a right to be hateful to others.

I'm not sure how we got to this point. At what point did it become okay to bash people for having their own opinions? It's a controversy in itself, and it's a cycle that never seems to break. I wasn't aware that what I believe in affects someone else's life. I was unaware that I was not allowed to post an opinion without being criticized for my beliefs. Do you actually think my beliefs are going to change because you are acting harsh towards me? Hell no. I just find it alarming and absurd that people allow Facebook posts to alter and affect their lives. Is that what we have worked towards? I would hope not.

If you come across a Facebook post that you do not agree with, then keep scrolling. The time and effort it takes to crudely comment on a post is not worth it. If you find yourself feeling an urge to comment back, do so in a respectful manner. It's disgusting to see my peers take such hateful action. Don't let something so small affect your life. Live your own life and go after what you believe in. Respect others, including yourself.

We live in America. It's full of opportunity. We are suppose to have our own opinions. We are not supposed to bash others for having one. We have worked too hard to act this way. Be accepting and courteous of others. Don't forget, keep scrolling.

Yes, our opinions matter but that is no excuse to shove it down each others' throat, especially in a disagreement. Let it go.