This week was the first time I've really been sick since I left home this past August for college. There are lots of great things that come with the independence college brings, but being sick and having to take care of yourself alone is something that makes you wish you never left high school and your Mom and Dad's house. I mean think of all the things you have to worry about:
1. "Oh please don't throw up! I'll probably stain something and have to pay a housing fine."
2. "Should I ask my roommate if they would...no, stop, they aren't my nurse!"
3. "Oh it's great, I put off all that work due tomorrow till today. My grade can take a hit can't it?"
4. People avoid you like you have the plague.
5. Trying to climb into your lofted bed with your energy drained, aching body like:
So yeah I guess being grown up can suck sometimes. You got to take care of yourself when you get sick, pay bills, file taxes, have a job...wait this sucks, actually.
I just want cookies like Spongebob.