Shows To Watch

Shows To Watch

Thanks to Netflix and Amazon Prime

10
Shows To Watch

I usually have a lot of free time on my hands, and since getting a Netflix account about two years ago and having a subscription with Amazon Prime for about six months, I have finished about 40 television/Netflix series. I have fallen in love with every show I've watched, but these are the series that I recommend everyone should give a chance.

1. "The Office" (2005-2013)

If you take anything away from this article, it's that this is the one show you definitely need to watch. You will fall in love with this cast instantly and it will feel like you actually work with the characters at Dunder Mifflin Paper Products in Scranton, Pa. You meet each character intimately and completely (except for Creed) and feel like they are part of your life. This is an amazing show with an amazing cast and I highly highly recommend that everyone watch it. Genre: comedy, sitcom. Rating: 11/10.

2. "Supernatural" (2005 ongoing)

This show is about two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester, who hunt supernatural creatures (shocker) while searching for their father, John Winchester. The show is going into it's 12th season and is still extremely popular. If you like supernatural creatures and mysteries with a hint of comedy, this show is for you. (Hint: Don't get attached to any of the characters -- it's a trap). Season 12 premieres on October 13th on the CW. Genre: drama, fantasy, comedy, mystery, thriller. Rating: 9.5/10.

3. "Vampire Diaries" (2009 ongoing)

This show is about vampires and how one town is affected by their powers and abilities. A girl named Elena Gilbert becomes friendly with the said vampires and her whole life changes. This show is great but at times confusing. If you like vampires and other supernatural creatures but don't get attached to characters easily, this show is for you. Season eight premieres on October 21st on the CW. Genre: drama, fantasy, mystery, thriller. Rating: 6/10

4. "Bob's Burgers" (2011 ongoing)

Many people assume this show is like "Family Guy" or "The Simpsons," but this show is so much better. It's a hilarious cartoon about the Belcher family and their adventures with owning a restaurant. While it does have it's stupid moments, it is one of the more intelligent cartoon comedies. If you like sarcastic comments from young children, I highly recommend that you watch this show. Season seven premieres on September 25 on Fox. Genre: comedy, cartoon. Rating: 9.5/10.

5. "Parks and Recreation" (2009-2015)

This show is an American classic. While season one drags on a bit, the other six seasons are magical. It's about a group of people who work in the parks and recreation department and about how they work to make their community a better place. This show is one of my favorites and it doesn't matter what type of comedy you like, this show is for everyone. Genre: Comedy, sitcom. Rating: 9.9/10.

6. "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (2005 ongoing)

This show is great for those who have a sick sense of humor. This show is very controversial and makes jokes about racism, drug and alcohol abuse, the poor, abortions, and sex. This show is about a group of friends who own a bar in Philadelphia that go through the strangest yet funniest experiences and I recommend that everyone watch this show. Season 12 (most likely) premieres in winter 2017. Genre: comedy. Rating: 10/10.

7. "How I Met Your Mother" (2005-2014)

This show is about a guy named Ted Mosby and his story about finding his wife, the mother of his children; a story that took nine seasons and 24 episodes to tell. It's also about his best friends, Marshall Eriksen, Lily Aldrin, Barney Stinson, and Robin Scherbatsky. It's an amazing show with an amazing cast. I've never met someone who hasn't liked HIMYM. If you like romantic comedies, I highly recommend watching this show. Genre: comedy, romance, drama. Rating: 8.5/10.

8. "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" (2015 ongoing)

This show is not what you would expect. It's about a girl who was kept in hiding for 15 years and it follows her adventure of finally being out again in the real world while living in New York. She was cut off from the real world so she has no idea what's going on so it's very comical to see her figure out how to live a normal life. Date unknown of when season three premieres on Netflix. Genre: comedy. Rating: 9.2/10.

9. "The Ranch" (2016 ongoing)

I never expected to like this show but I ended up falling in love with it. We see two old friends, Ashton Kutcher (Michael Kelso) and Danny Masterson (Steven Hyde), both from "That '70s Show," back at it again but this time as brothers trying to help their parents on their ranch. It's a show about hard work and family. It's very heart warming and it's great to see Kelso and Hyde back together again. Date unknown of when new season premieres on Neflix. Genre: comedy. Rating: 9/10.

10. "BrickleBerry" (2012-2015)

This show is very controversial. There are many horrible jokes about race, homosexuals, animals, and gender. This show requires a sick sense of humor and simple thinking. This show isn't for everyone and is favored more by men. While some say it requires a man's sense of humor, I still found it hilarious and think that if you love sick humor, you would enjoy it. Genre: comedy, cartoon. Rating: 8.5/10.

11. "Friends" (1994-2004)

If you don't know what this show is about, I don't think you've ever heard of the internet or television. This is a show about a group of friends and their adventure of living in New York. It's a roller coaster of emotions, comedy, and love and I think everyone should experience the "Friends" series once in their life. Genre: comedy, romance. Rating: 9/10.

Amazon Prime (with subscription)

1. "Teen Wolf" (2011 ongoing)

While this show is still on air, currently on a break until the next season, you can watch the first five seasons on Amazon Prime for free. This show is my all time favorite show and I recommend that everyone watch it. Many people judge this show because it seems like it's for young teenage girls but everyone I know that watches this show, both young and old, boys and girls, love it and fall in love with the characters. It's about a boy who becomes a werewolf and it follows his adventure as a supernatural creature along with how his newfound powers affect his friends and loved ones. Watch new season on MTV, fall 2016. Genre: drama, comedy, thriller, fantasy. Rating: 11/10.

2. "Girls" (2012 ongoing)

This show is very well written and I like how it portrays the life of an everyday girl. There is no bullshitting or fakes to this show and that's why it's amazing. While you can only watch season one and two for free with an Amazon Prime subscription, you will get hooked after those two seasons and will want to buy the next three seasons. Season five just ended on March 31st on HBO. Genre: drama, comedy. Rating: 7/10.

3. "The Comeback" (2005-2014)

This show is hilarious, but it only has two seasons. There was a large break -- almost 10 years -- between the two seasons. While you only get to watch season one for free with an Amazon Prime subscription, you will get hooked and want to buy season two. It's an amazing show with an amazing main actress, Lisa Kudrow, and I know everyone will enjoy this show (we know Colton Haynes did). Genre: comedy. Rating: 6/10.

These are just a few of my favorite shows. I hope you guys give them a chance! Enjoy watching!