Four Shows On Netflix To Watch This Winter Break

The weather outside is frightful, thankfully Netflix is a thing.

18
Business Pundit

It's finally that time to let your mind recharge and drink your weight in hot chocolate. This is my favorite time of the year, minus the brutal weather that hurts your face the second you step outside. That's why I spend the majority of my time indoors, and it's always nice to have a good show to watch while you're curled up by the fire. Here are some things on Netflix that I feel are worthy of your attention.

Shameless

Shameless is my all-time favorite show. The focus is on a low-income family in Chicago. Their dad is an alcoholic and they have to fend for themselves, but they get into a lot of shenanigans along the way. It covers a lot of issues, but it approaches them in a lighthearted and humorous way. If you're offended by nudity and mild sex scenes, this might not be the show for you. But I do think that it's worth trying. I don't think I'll ever love a show as much as I love Shameless.

iZombie

At first glance this show looks awful, but I was pleasantly surprised by how fast I got into it. The plot is intriguing and it's a different portrayal of zombies from more popular zombie shows. The main character eats people who have been killed brains and solves mysteries from the visions she gets from eating their brains. I don't think this series gets enough credit.

Last Chance U

You don't have to be a football fanatic to find leisure in this show. It focuses on a football team at a community college whose players are really good, but who didn't have the grades to go play for a major university. Most of the players have heart wrenching stories and you really connect with them as the show progresses. Definitely worth the watch.

Gossip Girl

I know, the name of the show makes most people turn away from it, but this was one of my favorite things that I've ever watched on Netflix. If you like unpredictable characters and a plot that is always surprising you, I definitely recommend this show. It's unrealistic and over the top at times, but it's so good. It's also fun to go to New York City and recognize the different places that this show was filmed. I had an intense fangirl moment when I sat on The Met steps for the first time. This could very well become one of your guilty pleasures.