Why You Should Follow Your Heart

There’s about a thousand roads you can take in your life but there is no single rule book that tells you what you should do. There is nothing holding your hand every single step of the way as you walk (sometimes sprinting) through this crazy thing we call life. There is no set list that gives you the perfect life. You live and you learn from when you are a kid about what is right and what is wrong. You make mistakes by human nature and learn from them. The only thing you can do is to do the best you can with what you are given and follow your heart to the path that is meant for you.

Every choice we make causes a domino effect for the next step we take. We have to choose how we want to spend this life. And when you make these choices that are the best fit for you, there will always be someone who says “why do you want to do that” or “why are you choosing that decisions”. There will always be someone who asks why you are making the choices you want to make. But remember that you are the one that has to live with the choices you make, not the person who is questioning you.

At the same time, hearing why can give you perspective. It can help you take a moment to step back and say, “should I being doing this?” or “am I making the right decision”. But at the end of the day no matter what anyone says to you, you are the one that has to make the decision. Don’t be afraid to choose what YOU want to do and what makes YOU happy. Those who truly love you will support you rather they agree with you or not.

Follow your heart wherever it may lead because if you don’t you may have regrets. There’s times when you have no idea what is going on or times you feel stuck. I know how that feels when you want have something different than you do or make a choice that gives you something you feel is missing from your soul. And a lot times the one that is stopping you, the one that stands in your way of following your heart is YOU. We can be the hardest critic on ourselves. We become afraid of what will happen if the thing we shoot for backfires but you won’t know unless you put yourself on the line.

It’s natural to question every choice you make. It’s likely that someone will question if your doing the right thing. It’s common that you will be the main reason why you have your guard up. It is easier said than done when I say follow your heart. But at least give it a shot. Go apply for that dream job or do what it takes to get it. Move to that new town you have been thinking about or at least visit it first. Go on a random road trip you have been wanting to. Visit that country you have always wanted to. Shoot for that dream because if you don’t, you will always have that feeling of “what ifs”. Don’t live with what ifs; test your boundaries and leave that comfort zone. This world is full of possibilities and you have the potential to live a happy life and one you have dreamed of. I’m hear to remind you that it is okay to follow your heart.