Shawn Mendes — singer, songwriter, icon, beautiful person, "Lost in Japan," etc. has been blessing our lives not only by existing but also by his talent. While I may be a tad bias since I personally think he's extremely talented and could do no wrong, the Billboard charts also agree with me.

In his relatively short career, he has already had 11 songs appear on the Billboard charts. Three of these songs have been in the top 10! When listening to his music, it's hard to not get lost in the melody or start randomly dancing around your kitchen at 2 a.m. He has a way of just making you crank the volume and sing along with all your heart and soul. Whether it's a heartbreak ballad or a pop anthem, he has a song for every mood and situation every female has experienced at some point in their life.

Shawn Mendes has released 3 studio albums all of which have incredible songs on them. Each album is different and shows how much passion and time he pours into his music. From Handwritten to Illuminate, you can see Shawn transition flawlessly from newbie to seasoned pro in the music scene.

A lot of his music reminds me of John Mayer (but better) with the way he incorporates moody guitar solos with deep lyrics. Then jumping from Illuminate to Shawn Mendes, you can see him learn to unapologetically accept himself. Shawn is just amazing and if you aren't already jamming to his music, I suggest you give it a listen. He finds a way of talking about life struggles such as: dating, heartbreak, anxiety, and being yourself in a way that is natural. With that being said, here are some of his songs that will help you through some tough times or make you enjoy the moment!

When you're going through a breakup listen to:

Treat You Better

Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better www.youtube.com

When you feel a panic attack happening listen to:

In My Blood

Shawn Mendes - In My Blood www.youtube.com

When you meet someone new who makes your heart flutter listen to:

Nervous

Shawn Mendes - Nervous www.youtube.com

When your ex moves on listen to:

Ruin

Shawn Mendes - Ruin www.youtube.com

When you're fighting with your significant other listen to:

Like To Be You (feat. Julia Michaels)

Like To Be You www.youtube.com

When you're in love listen to:

Lost In Japan

Shawn Mendes, Zedd - Lost In Japan (Original + Remix) www.youtube.com

When your friends say you're too picky with who you talk to:

Particular Taste

Particular Taste www.youtube.com

When the person you're interested in is giving you mixed signals listen to:

Mutual

Mutual www.youtube.com

When decide nothing can stop you from getting what you want to listen to:

There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back www.youtube.com

When everything is going right in life listen to:

Something Big

Shawn Mendes - Something Big www.youtube.com

When you feel like everyone is judging you listen to:

Life Of The Party

Shawn Mendes - Life Of The Party (Lyric Video) www.youtube.com

When you need to remember everything will be alright eventually listen to:

Hold On

Shawn Mendes - Hold On (audio) www.youtube.com

When the dating scene frustrates you listen to:

Patience

Shawn Mendes - Patience (audio) www.youtube.com

When you're waiting for the right time in life listen to

When You're Ready

When You're Ready www.youtube.com