Shane Dawson's New Series

The Tea On Shane Dawson's New Series

Here's the latest on Shane's new Documentary 'The Mind of Jake Paul'.

70
The Tea On Shane Dawson's New Series
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Mind_of_Jake_Paul_-_Title_Card.png

Unless you live under a rock, you have seen the current controversy of Shane Dawson's new series on Jake Paul as well as the rest of the Paul family. In case you haven't, I'll give you some background information.

Jake Paul and Logan Paul are two famous brothers who got their start on an app called Vine. When Vine shut down, their content moved to Youtube, and this is where things kinda took a turn. Over the past few years, both the Paul brothers have been involved in major controversies and scandals. The most famous controversy, including Logan Paul, was Logan creating a YouTube video showing a dead body him and his friends inside of the Suicide Forest, and well, making the whole thing a joke.

Since the start, the Paul brothers have made many apology videos, have been in the news, have both been involved in boxing matches, the list goes on. Overall, everyone has questioned the general mental state of the brothers and the Paul's in general. This is where Shane Dawson comes in. Shane Dawson decided to make an 8 part series documentary on his Youtube channel answering the main question everyone is asking:

What is going through the Paul brother's heads?

So far, when writing this, the full series has not yet been released but a few parts have so far. However, not even halfway through, and the videos have gotten an endless response from people including the Paul brothers.

In the first video, Shane spends around 40 minutes setting up the entirety of the series. The video talks about why Shane decides to take up this project as well as his intentions coming out of it. We hear Jake agree to the video, feeling as though the only person who can make this video fairly would be Shane Dawson himself. Shane talks about wanting to genuinely get to the bottoms of what the Paul brother's lives are about and how much is real and how much is all for the camera.

In the second video, Shane sits down with therapist Kati Morton to talk about and discuss terms surrounding Jake Paul and his brother. The two focus on one specific term that they hint the Paul brothers being associated with. This term is Sociopath.

In the video, they describe Sociopath as someone lacking empathy, meaning they do not understand feelings or experience any emotions. They explore the idea of needing to be a sociopath to be a Youtube personal. They dive in further detail about this topic, but that's something I'll let you watch on your own because this definitely a series everyone should check out.

While more parts have been released, these two parts in specific, and arguably the third, created a lot of controversy and response from everyone from fans to Logan Paul, who actually made a video response about the series.

Logan Paul, along with many other views talk about how insensitive it is to claim Jake is a sociopath and to label individuals as either a sociopath or not. Watching multiple reaction videos from fans and Logan, I have to say I do not agree with what Logan is saying.

In the past, the brothers have done a series of very cruel and dangerous actions that have overall affected the lives of many many other people. These people include Alissa Violet, citizens of Japan, individuals dealing with mental illness involving suicide, and many more. So why is it 'okay' for the brothers do hurt so many people but it's not okay for Shane to bring light to it?

Shane has gotten a lot of backlash from his series, calling him insensitive and many other names when Shane is just trying to explain why these brothers do what they do. In a way, it's almost saying, 'These brothers have REALLY messed up, here's why they can't really help it'.

So, my overall opinion on the matter is that Shane is creating this series about two famous brothers in the YouTube world who have upset countless amount of people and bringing light to why the Paul brothers are the way they are.

So, stop hating Shane for small things and start listening to what Dawson has to say for the big picture.