There Is No Shame In Wearing Makeup Every Day

Just own it.

171
Beautylish

This past summer, I finally taught myself how to do my makeup in a way that not only complements my appearance, but also makes me feel good about myself. It took me ages to finally build up the confidence to buy all of the products I now own and utilize them basically every day; this is all due to the fact that throughout high school, wearing makeup was considered a sort of taboo. If you wore makeup every day, you were trying to hard and you were showing that you actually cared about what you look like, which apparently is not cool. This is not the case for every person or school, but for me it was, and it really deterred me from doing what I wanted with my appearance.

Why do people have so much to say about those who choose to incorporate makeup into their daily routine?

Makeup is a fun way to express yourself and accentuate your features through different techniques and a wide variety of products. You can keep it simple with neutral colors or go all out with bright, bold eyeshadows and lipsticks. Watching YouTube or Instagram tutorials, having someone else do your makeup, and even experimenting on your own are just a few ways to learn the latest trends and see what they're like for yourself.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with choosing not to wear makeup at all. Some people feel comfortable with a bare face, and that is completely okay. But it's not okay for putting others down for their choice to regularly wear makeup. A person who doesn't wear makeup is not better than a person who does, and vice versa. Beauty is not defined by whether or not you choose to wear makeup; it is defined by how you choose to present yourself. One person might feel most beautiful while wearing winged eyeliner and red lipstick, while another might feel that way with no makeup at all.

So, if you feel judged or looked down upon for your choice to wear makeup every day, remember that you are not doing anything wrong; you're simply doing what makes you feel the best about yourself. Above all else, remember to own it and take pride in your appearance, regardless of if you wear makeup or not. Learning to love the skin you're in is incredibly important, makeup or not.