Seven Ways To Help You Fall Alseep And Stay Asleep

Sometimes we all have those nights where sleeping is hard, so here are seven ways to prevent them from occuring.

28
Vera Kratochvil

Everyone has had those nights when they just can't fall asleep and they don't know why. Also, there are always those nights when you fall asleep fine, but you keep waking up in the middle of the night. Here are a few ways to help prevent those things, and to help you return to sleeping like a baby again.

1. Stay off of your electronic devices

Your brain needs time to process that it is time to sleep for you to have a well-rested night. It can not process this because electronic devices keep your brain constantly stimulted, making it think that it is time to stay awake. The best thing to do is to stay off of any electronice device for about one hour before trying to go to sleep. This will make you sleep so much better and help you fall asleep so much quicker.

2. Adopt a sleep schedule

It sounds weird, why would you want a schedule to sleep? Actually, sleep schedules are what your body needs. Most humans function on a schedule, and it helps them function better; the same goes for sleeping. If you o to sleep at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning, it will be easier for you to fall asleep at night.

3. Drink Chamomile tea before bed

Chamomile tea is proven to help relax your body and act almost as a seditave. Drinking this right before going to bed is like taking sleeping pills, but it is less expensive and better for you. Also, it is less addictive and you can't overdose on it.

4. Sleeping pills

These work wonders, but they can be pretty expensive. Also, you make need to see a doctor before being able to get them. They are also very addictive and easy to overdose on if you drink alcohol while taking them. Although all of this is true, if you read and follow what the pill bottle says then they will work perfectly and put you to sleep almost instantly.

5. Take a hot shower or bath before bed

This will help to relax your muscles and make you sleepy. When warm, the body becomes relaxed and tired. Doing this before you go to bed will not only help you fall asleep, but it will help you stay asleep becuse of the relaxed state you will be in.

6. Think back on your day

Thinking back to the mundane things that you did all day will help to relax your brain and your body in preparation for sleep. Unlike thinking about a to-do list, it does not put any stress on your brain. The amount of time this can take to put you to sleep can vary, but it is effective.

7. Do a few yoga stretches before bed

Yoga is a good way to relax your mucsles because it stretches them, but does not make them tired. Also, yoga calms your mind because you focus on your breathing and nothing else. It is a great way to prepare for bed and get you in a relaxed state to fall asleep.

Sleeping can be hard, but if you do atleast one, or more, of these daily it will become so much easier to fall asleep and stay asleep.