Settling For Love

Settling For Love

People will often find themselves settling for a love they think they deserve or a love they think they will never find again.

28
Settling For Love
Flickr

"Everybody's somebody's everything," are some of the heartfelt lyrics in Chance The Rapper's song, "Everybody's Something."

And in a world full of settlers, I think this is very important to remember.

Everyone in their lifetime will feel the excitement, the heart flutters and the desire for that special someone. But sadly, most people will experience the sorrow, the excruciating pain and the torment of the heartbreak. Breaking up with a significant other is very similar to losing a loved one. Although this loss does not have to be by death, sometimes the grief and pain associated with a bad breakup can often times hurt just as much. The thought of all your memories slowly being pushed to the background, the thought of never being able to hug your best friend again or share the same moments, is physically painful. When a person falls in love with someone they become a part of that person. They give them their all, becoming completely vulnerable. They are allowing the most naked version of themselves to be fully subjected to another. This is the risk that most people are willing to take. While human beings expose themselves, letting another person understand there ins and outs, their flaws and secrets, they are hoping the relationship will never end. Till' death do us part, right?

In many cases, that term is being clung too like a constant reminder that you should stay with the person you found.

Especially nowadays, with divorce rate high and infidelity being very common, more and more people are being subjected to broken homes and deep, open wounds that do not heal properly. But the weird thing is, regardless of this fact, many unhappy relationships do not end. People are afraid to let go. And whatever the reason behind that is, the nature of the situation is similar: people are scared. They are afraid that if they let go of someone they love because of varying reasons, they will not be able to find another person that makes them feel that way again. This and the fear of endless pain and constant memories bind people to the lives they currently lead, so people settle. They settle for what they have now because maybe it's not what they imagined having, but it's "good enough." So, till' death do us part? Sure, I guess that's fine.

I believe everyone has a soulmate and I believe that you meet everyone for a reason. I think a lot of people believe they know what love is and can love many people, but I think the differing feeling is being in love. It's a feeling one can only come across after they met someone that made them realize, while they may have loved someone before, they were not in love with them.

People come in and out of everyone's life as a lesson, a reminder or they are someone who is there to stay as one of life's temporary things turned permanent.

But when you meet your soulmate you will know. Everything will makes sense. The heart will be your bodies first choice and the mind's reality will be pushed to the background. You will no longer just want this person in your life, you will need them. They will be your best friend and you will accept and love each and every one of their flaws. They will show you what love truly is, even though you thought you knew what it was before. They will occupy every inch of your mind and cause chaos throughout your soul. It will hurt, both in good and possibly bad ways.

I say bad ways only because, while I think everyone will meet their soulmate, I don't think everyone will end up with them. Miles, careers, drugs, violence, death, finance are all examples of factors that may come between two people and even families.

People let too many things get in the way of their hearts these days. Imagine a world where the heart rose above the mind and chose what it wanted. Imagine a world where people detached in hopes to find a feeling of happiness and content within themselves and then came across a person that made all of life's wonders make sense.

The world is not black and white. People who don't see that are naive. The thought of a soulmate may seem cheesy and breaking up with someone to venture out into the unknown may seem impossible, but acknowledging this is crucial: when people stop searching for a place to settle or a person to settle with, is when they will settle in a place and with a person they didn't even know they could search for.