Being Sensitive Is My Greatest Advantage

Sensitivity Is A Strength, Not A Weakness

What if I told you my sensitivity is to my advantage?

176
Pavel Chusovitin

"You're too sensitive! You need to change that."

"Why are you being like that? It's not even a big deal."

"I'm sorry you felt that way."

Do any of these sound familiar to you? If so, then you may be a sensitive person.

I can tell you I'm one of the most sensitive people to ever walk the planet, and I love every bit of it!

It took me a long time to accept myself as being a sensitive person since people of our nature are typically looked down upon by people who don't really understand us.

Some people may think of a sensitive person as the crybaby sitting on their mom's lap after being told their hair would look better in a different style, the student who can't take criticism or the kid who gets angry at themselves for making an A-minus.

If you view sensitive people as fitting any of these descriptions, I'm here to tell you you're wrong.

Sensitivity isn't defined as being too soft or being a crybaby.

The word "sensitive" is simply defined as quickly picking up on and responding to slight changes in one's environment, or displaying a special appreciation for someone else's feelings.

The root of the word "sensitivity" is "sense", which just means that we sense things a bit stronger than other people.

How does that make someone weak?

Yes, there are some aspects of being sensitive that I'm not particularly thrilled about. For example, when we experience a negative emotion, we feel it hard.

However, this aspect of sensitive people highlights the importance of being nice.

Some people may say we're too sensitive and that's why we're extra hurt when people are unnecessarily rude, but no matter one's sensitivity level, we should all do our best to show kindness and love to everyone we meet.

When I say we feel every emotion much stronger than other people, that includes the good emotions, too.

When we're happy, we're on top of the world!

When we're excited, nothing can bring us down!

When we're in love, we give everything we can to the person we love!

My favorite part of being a sensitive person is being able to share other's happiness with them.

Everyone needs sensitive people in their lives. They're the ones who will scream and smile and jump up and down with you when you get good news. They're the ones who will cry with you when you just can't do it anymore. They're the ones who will say "I've got you" because they are you.

Like I said, being sensitive isn't a weakness. It is the greatest strength I've ever known.