To The Seniors Who Didn't Get To Finish Their Year, I Know You're Hurting

We don't get the ending we deserve, and from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry.

8
Cecilia Flick

Dear Seniors,

I know you are hurting. We don't get the ending we deserve, and from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry.

This is for all of my high school seniors.

I feel your pain.

The first two years of high school were the hardest for me. I was severely depressed, and I hated everyone.

Then, during my junior year something in me changed. I started cheering, and I saw my high school differently.

I began to hate that I took everything for granted in years past. This is difficult for me to even wrap my head around as I'm here in my bed, crying, writing this.

I'm sorry for all of you.

We will never get to walk into school with a coffee in our hands late for the first period or go to another Friday night football game.

Some of you will never play your last baseball game or whatever sport you play. Some of us will never get a high school sweetheart. We won't have our last prom or graduation.

We won't get that "High School Musical 3" ending that we all deserve.

I can't even begin to describe how I feel right now. I'm hurt, angry and just incredibly heartbroken.

I will never forget the hot air in the gym during cheer practices, how my favorite teacher would roast me while simultaneously giving me great advice and the one time that I actually ate lunch in the school cafeteria I got hit in the head with an orange and a rat scurried across the ground.

They say that high school is the best four years of your life. I don't believe that for a second, but I do believe that these four years have been a rollercoaster and that they have changed our lives.

I will never forget high school and all the memories (good and bad).

We didn't get the ending we had hoped for, but we'll stay positive because something greater is coming.

Goodbye, high school.

You will be missed.