When You Realize Senioritis Is A Real Thing

Motivation levels are at an all time low...

47
Unsplash

Senioritis

I use to think that Senioritis was a joke, but being a senior I finally realize what people meant when they said they had Senioritis. Now, by definition "Senioritis is a supposed affliction of students in their final year of high school or college, characterized by a decline in motivation or performance. " I honestly thought Seniors who said they had this were just being pure lazy, but that is far from the case. After being skeptical since I was in 9th grade, finally being a Senior I am now experiencing what you call "Senioritis" and let me tell you, it sucks!

My Junior year and my Senior year thus far I tried super hard. Tried my best to maintain a high GPA and somehow managed to do so. I'm now sitting here writing this article and have ZERO motivation for school. I knocked out this first semester with hard work and dedication and as we're moving into the second semester, I could honestly care less. I have no motivation to read the material, do the work and sure as hell don't want to listen to another lecture. I didn't think Senioritis would ever affect me, but clearly this is not the case.

I really don't think there is any true way of curing Senioritis because all you want is to just be done with school. There is no way around it. You wish you could just get your diploma a couple months early and never have to look back. The thought of reading another book or staying up late to finish a paper makes me want to throw up.

However, I guess I don't get a choice, well I could drop out, but what's the point of that after I already put myself through hell all the other years. Might as well finish out strong. I don't think I'll be able to put the same drive and effort into the work I did in Junior year and the first semester of Senior year, but I will still do my best to maintain a high GPA in the second semester. Even if I have to continually drag my ass to finish a paper or read a book due to lack of motivation. I guess the idea of being done and not having to think about high school again is pretty exciting, but it's so exciting I just want to call it quits now, that can't happen.

To my fellow Seniors, I just want to say keep pushing! Keep doing your best in school and finish out strong. I know how hard it is to find the motivation, but I am going to be doing the same thing. Hard work pays off and nothing good comes from something being easy!