These are just a few of my favorite responses! Please read and enjoy. This is probably some of the best advice you will read!
1. "Never go to sleep with your spouse and be mad. Also kiss each other and say 'I love you'! You never know if you will wake up to a new day." - Male, 70s
2. "Your words to others should always be what you yourself would want to hear. Lift others up. Be kind always, as you never know the hardships another human being has endured. Be truly grateful for the smallest gits and blessings you witness. Be generous to others with thought, words, and deeds. And always remember you are beautiful, kind, strong, and can change the world with the love you give. Be like a ripple on the water. Change the world." - Female, 69
3. "Don't settle. After 25 years in an unhappy marriage, this is my biggest soapbox topic. Not worth it. Also, just go for it. Don't be afraid to try new things and challenge yourself. Each time you do, you'll have a sense of accomplishment that helps build your self-esteem." - Female, 50s
4. "Look at life in a positive way. Avoid people who try to bring you down with gossip and negative energy. Smile often and don't forget to say 'I love you'! Help those who look like they may need to hear a friendly voice. Say hello to anyone in a wheelchair. Enjoy a pet! Don't spend so much time on the computer or playing video games. Get a hobby, take a hike, exercise." - Female, 70
5. "Start a savings early. Even if it is just a small amount each paycheck. Also, travel as much as you can before you settle down and marry. There is a big world out there. Traveling gives you a valuable perspective on people and life." - Female, 56
6. "Behind you are the footprints of life already laid. In front of you is a new path. Venture forth with kindness, love, and strength." - Female, 68
7. "Always do what you know is right, even when it doesn't benefit you or when no one is watching. Personal integrity is priceless." - Male, 61
8. "Do not be hesitant to work hard for what you want in life; the reward and the goal you have set for yourself will be that much sweeter!" - Female, 60s
9. "Pray often, never ever give up, and don't listen to the naysayers. And above all, never ever doubt who you are, what you are capable of becoming." - Male
10. "Proper boundaries in relationships will produce the healthiest, most happy relationships that will last." - Female
11. "You control your own happiness." - Female, 70s
12. "Start saving/investing early." - Male
13. "Fall in love and get married." - Male, 60
14. "Life is short, don't settle!" - Female
Follow Swoon on Instagram.