To The Promiscuous Guy, What I Should Have Said A Long Time Ago

It's time you knew what your "casual approach" to relationships does to the good chicks you meet.

231
Universal Pictures

Dear promiscuous guy,

I've healed from the time that I met you. I feel it's time that I said my piece, now that I am able to. This is what I should have said a long time ago.

You were like many guys I've known and been friends with throughout my life;

...not in the way that you sleep with women and
...not in the way that you have problems with abusing things

but, in other ways, like, in human and tasteful ways. You tried to act appropriate, but the contradiction that I missed was that your behavior and past spoke much louder than your nice touches did.

I've no experience with the things that you've clearly had problems with. Even so, I gave you a chance, because I figured that life had dealt you a bad hand. You seemed like you had really tried to overcome your past and I believe in giving people second chances.

You acted like all of that ugly stuff was behind you and I wanted to believe that.

I want you to know that I've never given a guy with any of your issues a chance before I met you and now, I understand why. I likely will never do that again, because of you.

You're old enough that you should, at least, have one serious relationship going strong or a family, but instead, you date a sect of millennials who lack experience and sense. It seems quite deliberate.

I think you believe that this makes you look cool.

To me and other women, who have class, I assure you that your actions only makes you look shallow and immature.

When I met you, I was in a bad way. I didn't hide this from you. I wasn't looking for a boyfriend or a hookup, but you tried for one anyway, never mind all of those pesky signs I let off showing you how much of a dick-move that would be.

You tagged along, called me all of the time and assured me that you were done with your old ways.

Then, I made the mistake of letting my guard down; of trusting you.

When I made up my mind, that I "kind of" liked you, I wasn't sure where I stood.

That was when you laid it all on the line and told me how much you really wanted.

I was shocked and I believed you.

When things didn't progress physically, everything changed. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. "Guy gets cold feet and makes promises he can't keep,"is the oldest headline.

What really gets me is that I needed a friend and I thought you were my friend.

I needed someone to look out for me. I needed someone who would steer me in the right direction.

You confused, overwhelmed and used me instead. I imagine that's just like you've always done.

You threw me into some twisted contest to vie for your affection, like you were worthy of all the competition. Meanwhile, I looked on, with my mouth wide-open.

If that gets you off, clearly, I didn't really know you.

I figured out that you lied about basically everything. It's not even worth listing.

In my past, I never gave any of my guy friends, who you reminded me of, a chance. I pushed them away.

For all of those times, you've convinced me, that I was right to do that and that I cannot trust guys. Thank you for doing that.

I had given up on so many things, when we met. I wanted to believe that there was one guy, in this world, who would do me right. You acted like you were that guy.

Now, I see what a colossal mistake that was.

Now, all I feel is regret for opening up to you, telling you things, sharing myself and thinking that you would return the favor or honor what I gave to you.

It was stupid to think that a man like you would treat a lady like me the way that I deserved.

Your history, appalling as it was, spoke for itself. It was a trail of tears, abandoning women and using them. I found that deplorable, but then again, I never thought you'd do that to me.

You're the type of guy that every girl deserves to be warned about. You'll dick them over with finesse and absent of a care in the world.

If I had a daughter or friend, who you did this to, I can honestly say that I would loathe you.

I thought I was special because "we were friends," supposedly.

Let me be clear, "We weren't." This was some effed up game of yours alongside deliberate misrepresentation.

You could have been my friend, but you decided to go another way. It seemed like you wanted that, amazingly, after all of the bullshit you pulled.

You cannot screw a girl over and then say,"Hmm, she's really cool. I'd like to be her friend," while expecting it to work out.

You should say that before you hurt her and that should be a motivation not to treat her badly.

If you really care and want to be a friend to someone, then you would never take them down an ugly road that you can never take back.

Today, my head isn't twisted up due to an abusive relationship. But, it was when I met you. You messed it up further because you were horny.

Your apparent lack of sexual self-control is dangerous, contagious and a liability, especially, to decent women.

It makes you a man who becomes so totally self-involved to the point of no inhibition. When you go there, you cease seeing a woman as a person with needs or respect.

You become blind to the consequences of what you want, say or do with them. It is all about what the woman looks like or what she'll do for you; not about her heart or feelings.

Sex should involve two, distinct people who are each loved and valued. Your method looks more like convenience and disposability.

Nowhere in this equation were you ever a friend to me.

You ask, "Why don't I want to be friends with you?"Or, "What reason could I have for not wanting to hang out with you?"

You've already demonstrated what I mean, or don't mean to you.

Oddly enough, it seems you thought that this might really be possible with me. Just when I thought you couldn't be more obnoxious, you outdid yourself.

What respectable woman would think that was OK?

Today, the thought of you fills me with remorse and mostly nausea. I see my experience as a reason to warn my future daughters.

At one time, I thought I really did care about you. I would have defended you and been there for you, if you needed me. I can't say the same now, not even close.

Back then, I was the only person, in this, who was behaving like a real friend.

I overlooked your past and had faith in your other, good qualities. I respected your privacy. I thought of positive things first and never dreamed to discredit you.

Meanwhile, you outlined every imperfection that you could find about me. You invaded my privacy and searched for reasons to devalue me.

What kind of friend does that?

Your idea of friendship is to lessen the person you see. That's far from inspiring and more like messed up. Everyone has faults, but real friends don't seek to expose them.

Real friends don't put their friends down.

I avoid places where I might see you and wish that I lived far away, so I'd never need to worry about that again.

I gave you a chance, at a time, when I wasn't equipped to do that. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have; I'd have walked the other way.

I feel embarrassed that I got involved with you.

I feel sick about it.

To top it off, I've been told that you had a girlfriend back then.

I want her to know that you and I never slept together.
I want her to know that I didn't know about her.
I want her to know that you presented yourself as a seriously-interested and completely available guy to me.

The only reason we didn't have sex is that I refused you, repeatedly.

I asked you to promise me that we were exclusive before I would even consider it.

After I asked you that was when you left to be with another girl. She was the type of girl that you swore, while you were with me, that you were done with.

You are such a hypocrite.

I've learned that it really helps when the women, around you, compare their notes.

You say nothing of the truth and tell differing versions to differing people.

That reminds me of a quote,"The truth doesn't have versions."

You complained to me about the girl you were with, months later, to my dismay. That was when I caught on. I realized that she, nor anyone else, knew about your proposals to me.

You can deny them, minimize them and blame it on me, but that also makes you a liar.

I know I need to be clear and honest, because you haven't been.

I need to defend myself. I think you wanted people to think that we were sleeping together because it made you feel good.

Meanwhile, we weren't and that inference hurt my reputation as a virtuous person while you couldn't have given a f*&k.

I care about my reputation. I care if people have been misinformed about me. I care if someone leads people to think something untrue about me, especially someone I trusted and who claimed to be my friend.

I've been considerate of your reputation, of your past. I didn't want to say anything to offend or upset you.

Meanwhile, you couldn't have cared less how people viewed me or how hurt I was by your lies.

You're a cheat. You brought me into an adulterous relationship.

You'll never have any part or power over me or my respect.

I don't like you. I go out of my way to avoid you and pretend that we never met.

The words I've used here are tame compared to the opinions of those who matter to me. They are glad that I wrote this.

You went too far.

To do what you'd like, means that women should pretend to be your friend, agree not to talk about it, act like it was nothing and say that they were fine being used and lied to.

Every attempt you've made, to be in my life, since I met you, was an effort to increase your reputation, not mine.

For everything I've ever felt about our interactions, I've realized that those words are really descriptions of you.

If I've felt low, it's because you are low. If I've felt embarrassed, it's because you are embarrassing.

I cannot get back what I shared with you, although, I wish I could. I wish I could undo it all, including, meeting you and I don't feel that way about a lot of people.

Not that any of this matters to you, I'm glad I'm finally being true to myself. I no longer care about your feelings or what this will do to you.

Taking advantage, in the numerous ways that you have, makes you a truly, crappy person.

And I hope all of that bullshyte takes you really.......really far in life, to the places that only you deserve to go to, while I'm as far away from you as humanly possible.

Sincerely,

Relieved of your bullshyte.