You Can't Love Others Until You Can Love Yourself

One of the most truest things that has ever been said.

155
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-s-silhouette-photo-during-sunset-185517/

I love to love the people in my life. I always have, and I always will.

Recently, I have struggled with loving myself. Being a woman in this day and age, you are constantly reminded by the media that you could always be a little bit better. You see it in the magazines. Try going to the store and finding a magazine that does not mention a female celebrity's recent weight gain. Women are constantly reminded that if they are not a certain way, then they are not to the standards of everyone else. You never feel up to par with standards these days.

My struggle with loving myself has also resulted in a lack of time spent with the people I need most. Because I may not really like myself one day, that can result in a brouhaha between me and a family member, and I hate that.

In order to be able to put your all into the relationships around you, you have to work on your self-love first. That is the only way to handle it. You have to treasure the people in your life so much that you have to do this slightly selfish act. You have to put yourself into uncomfortable situations because when it is over (and not that bad), you can be proud of yourself. You have to say positive things to yourself self because if you live every day of your life saying negative things to yourself, then you will start to believe those things that are not true about you. You have to tell yourself that you are enough, and if people cannot see that, then there is something wrong with them. And when you are happy, the others around you will be happy because all of that negative energy is gone.

And then when you are fully ready, you can love the ones that deserve it the most with your all.