Selena Gomez Continues To Battle Lupus

Selena Gomez Continues To Battle Lupus

Unfortunately, this disease is not the only issue that Selena has faced

113
Selena Gomez Continues To Battle Lupus
Today

Selena Gomez revealed a year ago in 2015, that she had been struggling with a disease called lupus since 2013. She kept her disease a secret until 2015. In 2014 she checked into a rehab facility in Arizona to take time to take care of herself. She talked a little about this on Ellen in October of 2015. There was an article about this chat with Ellen DeGeneres and also a video. I am providing links to both of these. The article has more information on lupus in general.

When reading about Selena Gomez's battle with this disease, I cannot fathom how she can continue do the wonderful work she does. This disease is not pretty, not that many are, but the fact that she can power through, astounds me. Unfortunately, this disease is not the only issue that Selena has faced. She gets attacked by the media and fans, as well as struggling with Depression and Anxiety.

The depression and anxiety that Selena is currently struggling with is a side effect of her lupus disease. This has come up in the news recently because Selena Gomez has announced that she is taking a break from her 2016 Revival tour. Selena is being very proactive in making sure she is healthy and at 100 percent for herself and those around her!

As someone who struggles with depression and anxiety, this means a lot to me. I am also a fan of Selena Gomez. People need to stop seeing an idol and see a person. She may be a great actor, a great singer, and a wonderful person, but a lot of people see her for her status. Selena Gomez has faced more struggles than people who do not have the status, money, talent, or heart that she does. She will continue to power on and continue to be a leader to those around her.