Seeking Jesus More Than A Boy

Seeking Jesus More Than A Boy

We should spend less time seeking after a boy and more time seeking after Jesus.

8
Seeking Jesus More Than A Boy
Elli Jo Photography

It seems like boys have been the topic of many conversations these days. I mean I guess that comes along with being single girls in your 20s. I’ve been talking a lot with some of my friends on the idea of being content with being single. In this process, we are trying to trust God’s perfect timing and plan for our lives instead of trying to force ourselves into a relationship with every Christian guy that comes waltzing in the room.

It is so easy to allow boys to consume all of our thoughts and emotions, to spend all your energy dreaming, wishing and hoping for a Godly guy to come into your life. Here’s where I think the problem lies; even though we claim to know Jesus Christ, we are still waiting for the deepest desires and longings of our hearts to be filled in another person. We want a man who will fight for us, protect us, and be our prince charming.

The other day I was listening to the song “Even So Come” by Chris Tomlin and we sang this line:

Like a bride waiting for her groom, we’ll be a church, ready for You. Every heart longing for our King...”

And it hit me, does my heart long for Jesus more than it does for a boy? Is the deepest longing and desire of my heart for a boy or for my Lord and Savior?

Here’s the thing: as girls, we long for a prince or a hero someone to come in and save the day to sweep us off our feet, to fight for us, protect us and treat us a valued treasure. We want a hero, but guess what? We already have all of this! We’re searching for a prince that’s already come to save us, one who fought for us, protects us, and even gave up his life for us. His name is Jesus, he is our ultimate prince he looked at you, sweet friend, and claimed you as his, he saw you as valuable and worthy as a pure treasure, beautifully and perfectly crafted. He came down to fight for you to show you how much he truly loves you. He fought to protect you; even to the point of death.

Why would you need another savior? Why would you seek to find your satisfaction in anyone else, when there’s a person who completely accepts you and loves you enough to die for you, not because of anything that you’ve done, but simply because he wants to know you deeply and completely and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

So friend, I know the appeal of having a boy to protect you, cuddle with you and love you is huge and the world tells you to long for that. My heart wants you to know that you will find more joy, value, satisfaction and genuine love in using your emotions, time and energy to seek and long after Jesus. He will be the only one who can give you everlasting joy and companionship. The only one who will never leave you or forsake you. So, in this season of singleness I would encourage you to spend less time seeking after a boy and more time seeking after Jesus. I promise you won’t regret it, and your heart will be forever changed as you encounter our beautiful, wonderful savior.