A "See You Later" To My Old Roommate

A "See You Later" To My Old Roommate

Feel free to sleep over every night.
40

So, I'm not really sure if this is an "I miss you" letter, a "thank you" letter, or a "please stay forever" letter. Honestly, it's a combination of all of the above. I just can't believe that our time as roommates has come to an end. I feel like just yesterday we were meeting for the first time at the beginning of our Freshman year. Now, we're getting closer and closer to our final year in college and it's so sad to not be together under the same roof.

When you live with someone, you truly get to know all of the parts of them, whether it's the good, the bad, or the ugly. I'm so lucky to have had the chance to get to know you. When you see someone every second of every day, you start to take advantage of the opportunity, and you forget just how lucky you are. As my roommate, you were required to get to know all of me. From listening to every single complaint I had, to knowing that the twist top Gatorades are my favorite, you really put up with a lot. Thank you for loving every completely awful part of me and thank you for being my biggest cheerleader.

I know you're just right down the street now and it might seem like I'm overreacting, but it's weird not having you in every single moment of my life. You have such a presence in every situation that you're in. I know it might not seem like a big deal to most people, but I'm still getting used to not having you light up every room of our apartment.

Friends like you don't come around that often. I'm so grateful to have you by my side, even if I can't walk across the hall and jump into your bed anymore. For now, I'm just counting down the days until we are under the same roof once again.

P.S. So when are you coming over for a sleepover?