A Goodbye To My Forever Friend

A Goodbye To My Forever Friend

To all the Chick-Fil-A dates to come.

6
Original

Dear Forever Friend,

I’ve never been good with goodbyes, but then again you already knew that because you know everything about me. I always knew in the back of my mind the day would come when we would have to leave our hometown and each other but I still can’t say goodbye to you. So before we pack up our new comforters and dorm decorations, there are a few things you need to hear:

Thank you for always giving me the aux cord and supporting my Chick-Fil-A addiction. Thank you for helping me beat all the boys in badminton during eighth-grade gym class. Thank you for the countless car rides with the windows down and our favorite songs blasting through the radio. Thank you for the unwavering kindness, the abundance of laughter and the smiles that last all day. Thank you for knowing exactly what to say and when to say it. But most importantly, thank you for showing me true friendship and for standing by my side.

You were there throughout the awkwardness of middle school and the craziness of high school. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous to take on college without you. You have been the one I turned to if I needed someone to talk to or something to laugh about. You have been the one I wanted to call if something big happened. You have been the one I looked for in the hallway if I needed a reassuring smile. You have always been there. You have always been my best friend.

I know that with the start of college so many things are about to change, but I am confident that our friendship never will. I cannot wait to hear all about your new experiences and to see the great person I know you are going to become. You have shown me how to never take life too seriously and always be myself. You have given me the confidence to try new things and to never turn down an adventure. You have helped me grow into the person I am today and for that I am grateful. But the day we have been dreading has finally arrived and we must go our separate ways. Just remember that I am only a phone call or a car ride away. Thank you for being my forever friend and for starring in so many of my favorite childhood memories.

It's not goodbye, it's see you later.