If You Are Scared To Do Something, All It Takes Is 10 Seconds of Courage

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. In the amount of time it took you to read that, you could have changed your life.

78
https://unsplash.com/photos/Tb9FJ4Znz-U

You're about to send a risky text, potentially confessing your love for your crush of many months, when at the last minute, you chicken out. We've all been there. And it's not your fault. It's simple psychology. As we inch closer and closer towards the goal at hand, we become more and more apprehensive to actually complete it and we yearn to avoid. It is human nature, but I am here to tell you to fight it!

Someone once told me that all I need is 10 seconds of courage. That is all it takes. Count to 10 right now. 1, 2, ,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. That is all it takes. That 10 seconds gives you enough time to take a deep breath, muster up all the courage in the world, and do the thing. What are we so afraid of! Are we afraid our crush won't like us back? Or that we will be rejected? No matter what the outcome, we will always recover. And boy, won't we be glad that our past selves mustered up that courage to do what we never thought we would do.

I encourage you to find daily occurrences where you are able to test your limits. Muster up those 10 seconds of courage and do things that you have always wanted to do. After you have done this, expand on it. Be courageous for a minute. For an entire day. For a week. For a lifetime. The world is a better place when it is filled with people who are unafraid to do what they want to do. If you love someone, confess your love! Spend a lifetime being unapologetic of the courage that you have found within yourself. If you want to have a radical change in your life, do it! If you want to cut your hair off and move to Greece, do it!

I know it is easier said than done. I myself talk about coming up with plans to get a boy to like me when I could simply send a message or step out of my comfort zone and ultimately end up at the same spot. We all have to practice courage, and it is difficult and it is scary, but it is so much more rewarding than living a life that is apathetic and full of waiting. If you want something to happen, I hope that you are able to actively pursue it with all the courage inside of your soul. I know that if you do, then that something will happen.