Yes, The SEC Is Still The Best Conference In College Football

There's nothing like game day in the south.

50
Jessie Steele

After waiting seven long months, college football fans throughout the south are rejoicing because the wait is finally over; the sport we all love is back for another season and all seems right in the world. There is absolutely nothing like game day at any school in the SEC. The tailgates are bigger, the fans are louder and the football is better. No matter what colors you wear each week, fans of every team in the SEC can finally come together and celebrate all of the wonderful things that make this sport so spectacular week after week, especially in the south.

The Food

Whether you’re spending the weekend tailgating or watching the game from home with friends, you’re probably digging in on some classic southern dishes. From BBQ to fried chicken to boiled peanuts, there’s nothing like a good game day menu to help get the festivities going each week.

The Fans

Every school in the country will claim that they have the best fanbase, but there’s no question that fans of any team in the Southeastern Conference have passion like no other for their beloved school. If you’re walking down the street sporting your colors, no matter where you may be, you’ll almost always hear a “Roll Tide”, “Go Vols”, “War Eagle” and so on from someone passing by. The hospitality that is shared between these fans is truly something that could only be found in the south.

The Traditions

Every school and every team has a unique history that comes with it. Game day traditions in the south are just as important as the game itself. Whether it’s a pre-game ritual shared among fans or a post-game fight song and celebration led by the marching band, there’s nothing quite like the many traditions throughout the SEC.

The Rivalries

You’ve probably made the argument that your team is part of the best rivalry in the south. One of the best parts of SEC football is all of the classic rivalry games. Alabama & Auburn, Ole Miss & Mississippi State, Florida & Georgia, the list goes on. No matter who you’re rooting for, you better clear your schedule for rivalry week.

The Talent

It’s a constant argument made in college football today; which conference really is the best? While everyone has their opinions, fans throughout the south will tell you there’s no question that the Southeastern Conference displays a level of talent that stands out from every other conference. There is simply nothing like watching a game between two SEC teams. Every Saturday in the fall, it’s a weekly display of the best football in the nation, and watching it will never get old.

As summer turns to fall and the hot days turn into cool nights, it can only mean another great season of football is back to remind us why we love it so much. Here’s to a season full of upsets, under dogs and history being made. While it’s a great sport to watch all over the nation, it’s even better in the south.