The Vampire Diaries Season 1: Favorite Songs

Season 1 Has Some Amaaaaaazing Songs; In My Opinion

16
static2.hypable.com

There comes a time in my life where I binge-watch seasons one and two of "The Vampire Diaries." You know that "Twilight" induced show about vampires and werewolf’s that roam a small town? The CW adapted it from book to screen-the author of the series is L.J. Smith- after seeing how well the vampire scene was doing amongst teens back in 2009.

The Vampire Diaries is in season seven now, but in my opinion this show has gone to shit after *SPOILER* the main female character died. However, every once in a while I binge-watch, in what seems like a couple of days, seasons one and two. And I fall in love with everything all over again. The characters, the plot, the romance, everything!

What I love most is the music that the show plays. Julie Plec or whoever is in charge of music did/ are doing a good job in that department. Every time I watch the show from the beginning I say that I will find out what music that was in season one episode four or 18 or season two episode eight or 22 but the search is always tedious because sometimes the song is too low or loud in the background for me to get any of the lyrics for me to google.

Well, I have finally decided to tackle that job. It won’t be all the songs but here are my favorites from season one episode one through five.

Shall we begin? Here goes nothing.

SEASON 1:

Ep. 1:

Main Song Obsessed with: Here We Go by Mat Kearney

Honorable Mentions: Running Up That Hill by Placebo and Never Say Never by The Fray

Ep. 2:

Main Song Obsessed with: Gravity by Sara Bareilles

Honorable Mentions: Conductor by We Were Promised Jetpacks and Interloper by Earlimart

Ep. 3:

Main Song Obsessed with: Temptation by Moby

Honorable Mention: You’re a Wolf by Sea Wolf

Ep. 4:

Main Song Obsessed with: All We Are by Matt Nathanson

Honorable Mention: I’m Not Over by Carolina Liar, Back in Time by V V Brown and Wild Place by Glass Pear

Ep. 5:

Main Song Obsessed with: Beauty of the Dark by Mads Langer

Honorable Mention: Don’t Trust Me by 3OH!3 and Boom by Anjulie

It’s always hard to find songs you hear in a TV show or movies so I am so glad that I found out about tunefind.com (thank you google!). This will be my new best friend when it comes to my binge-watching.