What It's Like Going to School, Working, and Wedding Planning

My $1 million advice on how to do it...

113
Huffington Post

Many of you are probably in the same situation that I am right now. You are more than likely in school and working and maybe even engaged. I’m not going to lie and say it won’t be very stressful at times, but it’s definitely worth it.

Going to School

So I want to start off with where I actually did start...with going to school. I started out college without a job, and although it may seem extremely hard, you still have all your time to focus on your homework and projects.

Working a Part-Time Job with Full-Time Hours

So then I decide hey, I'd like some money and I'm getting married, so I need to get a job...a part-time job. However, this can quickly turn into full-time hours. So then, here I am, juggling school and work and I need to be planning my wedding too.

Planning a Wedding

It can be extremely stressful and will be for months. However, my best advice is to give yourself a year to plan the wedding. It's not nearly as long as you think it is and will go by super fast. There are so many nit picky things you have to do and if you are going to school and working, you're going to need time. If you try to get a couple things done each month, when you’re a few months out from the wedding you will have all the major things out of the way. This is what has reduced so much stress for me.

My wedding date is in April and even though we’re only nearing the end of 2017, I only have flowers, plates, and silverware to worry about. There’s a few other little things, but for the most part I’m ready. I’m also about to be finished with this semester of college. So things are looking up and throughout December when I’ll mostly just be working, I am also going to focus all my free time on knocking out the remaining wedding tasks.

The worst thing to allow yourself to be is extremely stressed when your life is as crazy as mine is right now. It’s important to take care of yourself and stay happy. Look to the beautiful life ahead that you are preparing for and remember that it is worth all the work you’re putting in now.

-Kaitlyn H. Evans