College Students Need To Listen To Schnitt Talk's 'Long Distance Dating In Quaratine' Podcast Right Now

This episode hits home on so many points.

66

I recently listened to Episode 77 of Schnitt Talk, "Long Distance Dating in Quarantine." It was exactly what I needed to hear. The episode mostly talks about the struggle of still being in the "talking" or early dating stage with someone while being apart during quarantine in college. However, the girls also bring up the struggles of deciding whether or not to go live back home, and if you do, how long you can stay without going insane!

Here are some of the highlights from the episode:

"Do you want to be with your family?"

I love my mom, I really do, but spending over a month living with just her? It's alot.

"I don't think I could actually, at this point in my life, do a month at my parent's house"

I need my freedom and I need it now!!

"I think if you're a college kid going back to your parents' house it's like, 'Holy f*ck, like what do I even do?'"

I moved out for a reason.

"What are you watching?" "I don't even know"

The girls talk about not being able to commit to a new show, and honestly, I couldn't relate more. I've watched so many series, and every time I try to start a new one it just doesn't capture my attention at all.

"I feel like there's one of two people in quarantine. You're reaching out to every single person you've ever met or you're literally ignoring humanity"

Why is responding to Snapchats SO EXHAUSTING when I literally have nothing else to do?

"I've been thinking about all the times that I've b*tched about not wanting to go out"

After quarantine I'm never saying no to going out.

"I can get eating disorder-ly very quickly"

Schnitt Talk recommend Noom which focuses on mindful eating. I tried counting calories for a week and that was awful. Now, I drink iced coffee for lunch, eat a solid meal for dinner, and only eat healthy snacks like carrots and popcorn.

"College relationships happen and work because you're seeing each other so often"

College relationships are different because they develop from being able to hangout with them a lot because they literally live within a walking distance from you.

"If you're still talking, why breakup? It's not like you can see other people anyway"

If you're like me, you want to know exactly what's going on in the other person's head. The truth is, he's probably just as confused as you are. It's scary not knowing what's going to happen but try to just stick with what you have right now and let the rest play itself out.

"What are you missing out on?"

Everyone is at home. No one is at the bars or cheating.

"The only people he's hanging out with are his mom and dad."

"If there's ever a time to learn how to sext, it's now"

Check out the Call Her Daddy podcast for tips.

"I've been talking out loud far too often"

Catch me walking around my house singing Tik Toks, "I'm bored in the house and I'm in the house bored." I'll just randomly start doing the Savage dance in the kitchen. Whenever my mom comes into my room I say "Oh shit you're here! You look so prettyyyy."

"Aerie has such good loungewear"

Sweatpants are all that fit me right now...

"I need to feel confident in some way"

It really helps to wake up and change into new clothes that are NOT sweatpants and a hoodie. Wear a cute outfit, do your hair, put on makeup if you feel like it!

"I'd like it to be sunny"

For those of you who are quarantining in a warm and sunny state with a pool- we are not in the same boat. In the northern US, it's cloudy for three days and on the days it's actually sunny it's still cold. I need the sun to be happy. Therefore, I am not happy 6 out of 7 days a week.

"My stomach will not stop being bloated"

I don't even have morning skinny some days, this is an outrage.

"I wish I was a runner"

I really do wish I could go on a 5 or 6 mile run, but my body is like, no. BUT I have started to go on interval runs three times a week, where I run for a minute, walk for 30 seconds, and so on for 3 miles which is about 30 minutes! Killer workout.

"It's a great time to learn how to cook because what the f*ck else are you doing?"

Put on an upbeat playlist. Make something healthy. Feel good about yourself. It's literally something to do, not like you're doing anything else more exciting in quarantine.

"I'll stay up for like two extra hours in bed on Tik Tok"

All of a sudden it's 2am. Yes, I have tried to learn the dances, no they did not go well. Yes, I have made my own TikToks, no I am still not famous.

Reminder: We are all going through this. Things are different for everyone. Give yourself, your friends, and your family some slack, okay? This is hard. Everyone is struggling in his or her own way. Be kind to yourself.