'Schitt's Creek' Made History ​At The Emmy's On Sunday

'Schitt's Creek' Made History ​At The Emmys On Sunday And I Just LOVE That Journey For Them

"Well... Moira got her Emmy."

10083

"Schitt's Creek" has quickly become an absolute fan favorite in the US and Canada and their seven wins at the Emmy Awards last night proves just that.

"Schitt's Creek" made HISTORY winning seven primetime Emmy's last night and nine overall. The cast and all things involving writing, casting, costumes, and directing absolutely deserved their sweep.

Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy won best actress and actor in a comedy respectively while Daniel Levy and Annie Murphy both won supporting actor and actress putting them on TOP for the acting in a comedy series.

The comedic genius and simplicity in this show really prove the strength in acting and close relationships that the whole cast had making it so loved by everyone.

Daniel Levy also took home the award for best writing in a comedy series for the finale episode — rightfully so — and shared a joint award for best directing in a comedy series with co-director Andrew Cividino.

In their acceptance speech, Daniel mentioned that he and Andrew met in film school and even though Daniel dropped out and Andrew stuck through to the end, they managed to create an incredible show together.

Daniel and Annie create such an iconic brother/sister duo on the show navigating how to turn their privilege into ambition and hard work and they do so hilariously.

Daniel paid homage to David Rose by wearing a kilt suit similar to the one he wore in the finale episode at his wedding.

To top off the entire evening, "Schitt's Creek" took home the award for best comedy series which really made the night.

The cast and crew of "Schitt's Creek" were all together at an intimate Emmy's party in Toronto, Canada watching and celebrating together. If you are a huge "Schitt's Creek" fan like I am, these wins for the cast were so exciting for you, to the point of actually getting emotional. "Schitt's Creek" is one of those shows that you wished could go on forever but are so happy with its ending.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to rewatch it.