17 Best Horror Movies To Watch With Your Significant Other

17 Horror Movies Every Couple Should Watch Together With The Lights Off

It's the perfect excuse to cuddle up to your boo.

98

One of the best ways to get in the Halloween spirit is to watch some scary movies. It's also the perfect excuse to snuggle up with your significant other. Whether you're a gore fan or you lean more to spooky spirits, there's a lot of great horror movies out there.

Here are some of the best ones you can stream during the month of October:

1. "The Hidden Face" (2011)

In "The Hidden Face," a young woman, Fabiana, moves in with her new flame, Adrian. She begins to hear noises and experiences some strange events, causing her to wonder if there's something more sinister going on... and if Adrian is involved in the disappearance of his ex-girlfriend, Belen.

For fans of: Psychological thrillers.

Where to stream it: YouTube, Google Play, Amazon Prime, Vudu, and iTunes.

2. "The VVitch" (2015)

"The VVitch" is a supernatural horror film that takes place in New England in the 1600s. A Puritan family has been outcasted and work against evil forces in the woods beyond their modest farm. This film is all about setting the atmosphere and mood and is unsettling.

For fans of: The supernatural or atmospheric films.

Where to stream it: Netflix, Vudu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, iTunes, and Google Play.

3. "We Are Still Here" (2015)

In "We Are Still Here," a couple moves to the New England countryside to try to start a new life after their teenage son is killed in a car crash. They unknowingly become the prey of a family of vengeful spirits that reside in their new home, and before long they discover that the seemingly peaceful town is hiding a terrifyingly dark secret.

For fans of: Slasher, grindhouse, the supernatural.

Where to stream it: Vudu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, iTunes, and Google Play.

4. "Sinister" (2012)

In "Sinister," a true-crime writer moves his family into a murder victim's home as he is desperate to write another best-seller. But there is more to the house than first seems.

For fans of: Psychological movies, the supernatural.

5. "Happy Death Day" (2017)

"Happy Death Day" follows a sorority girl who must relive the same day over and over until she figures out who murdered her.

For fans of: Slasher, thrillers, and dark comedy.

Where to stream it: Amazon Prime, Vudu, YouTube, Google Play, and HBO Now/Go.

6. "Veronica" (2017)

In "Veronica," which is based on true events, young Verónica and her friends want to summon the spirit of her father using an Ouija board. However, it soon becomes clear they've accidentally summoned something evil.

For fans of: The supernatural, demonic possession, or atmospheric films.

Where to stream it: Netflix

7. "The Devil's Backbone" (2001)

Set during the final week of the Spanish Civil War, "The Devil's Backbone" tells the tale of a 12-year-old boy who is sent to a haunted rural orphanage full of terrible secrets.

For fans of: Gothic, the supernatural, or historical movies.

8. "Demon" (2016)

"Demon" follows a young man accidentally unburies something dark before his wedding.

For fans of: The supernatural or demonic possession.

Where to stream it: Vudu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and Google Play.

9. "28 Days Later" (2002)

In this movie, animals with a virus called the "rage" are released upon London, creating zombies and an apocalyptic event.

For fans of: Zombies, science-fiction.

Where to stream it: Starz, Vudu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, iTunes, and Google Play.

10. "The Blair Witch Project" (1999)

One of the most well-known 'found footage' horror films, it chronicles the events after three students attempt to create a documentary about the fabled Blair Witch.

For fans of: Found footage films, the supernatural, atmospheric movies.

11. "Hush" (2016)

"Hush" is about a deaf writer who must fight for her life when a masked killer appears in her window.

For fans of: Slasher or thriller films.

Where to stream it: Netflix.

12. "Chernobyl Diaries" (2012)

In "Chernobyl Diaries," a group of young tourists travel to of Pripyat, Ukraine, but find themselves stranded -- and worse, they are not alone.

For fans of: Disaster movies or the supernatural.

13. "The Grudge" (2004)

In this remake of a Japanese film, a woman agrees to cover for a nurse who didn't show up for work, but she is faced with a supernatural horror more frightening than she could ever imagine.

For fans of: Supernatural, gory stories.

Where to stream it: Vudu and iTunes.

14. "The Shining" (1980)

Regarded as one of the best horror movies of all time, if you haven't seen this yet, you should definitely set a date.

For fans of: Movies about a haunted house, the supernatural, or psychological thrillers.

Where to stream it: Philo, Vudu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, iTunes, and Google Play.

15. "The Descent" (2004)

In "The Descent," a group of friends goes to North Carolina to spend some time exploring caves, but after descending underground they learn they are not alone.

For fans of: Gore and thriller films.

16. "It Follows" (2014)

"It Follows" follows a group of teenagers discovers a paranormal haunting that seems to be transmitted to new victims through sexual activity.

For fans of: Thrillers or the supernatural.

Where to stream it: Vudu, Amazon Prime, and iTunes.

17. "The Omen" (1976)

In "The Omen," a man becomes suspicious that his adopted son may be the Antichrist.

For fans of: Thrillers or movies about demonic possession.

Where to stream it: YouTube, Vudu, Google Play, Amazon Prime, Philo, and CineMax.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.