Watch John Oliver Lay Out Both Trump And Clinton's Scandals
Politics

Political campaigns have always had these...

13
HBO

Politics: that thing many of us sort of follow throughout the years but become intensely passionate about once every four years. It is not a shame to accept that, I am guilty of ignoring the daily workings of the political world unless there are elections coming up. But the 2016 elections in the United States are doing something remarkable: they got me and thousands of people, with our keyboards close and our Twitter on, to rage and give our opinion on every single thing that happens during the campaign. During the night of the 26th of September, a grand debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will ensue and, surprisingly, I found myself planning ahead to have some time to turn on the TV and listen to what they have to say.

In preparation for this event, I came across a video from HBO's "Last Week Tonight." Now, I have to say this: I might be a bit biased with this show. I absolutely love it. My interest in learning about things that seem part of the “adult world” has spiked increasingly ever since I watched my first tidbit. The host, John Oliver, decided to use Sunday’s segment to talk about scandals surrounding the presidential candidates of the two main parties of the country.

I feel like he did a good job of giving an overview of the issues. He might be as biased as I am during this campaign, I am sure many will argue this. But his objectivity doesn’t put a shade over the fact that some of his personal opinions were true.

If at this point you are still unsure of who to vote for, or why, this small segment might help you clear out some thoughts while you also watch the debate. I am not here to tell you who to vote for, that is your decision to make. But what Mr. Oliver is suggesting is to think long and hard about what you want the following four years to look like. We have the resources to form an educated opinion before we vote. It is our responsibility, for our future’s sake. Although feelings play a big part in our decisions, this is not a time to rely only on those. You’ve seen messages urging you to think, take them seriously. We are holding a power that might seem scary at moments, but it is very important not to let it overcome us.