I March for Life Because Human Life Is Sacred

#MarchForLife

18
Celine Elie

I had the opportunity to go on my third March for Life this year. Friday, January 27, 2017 was the 44th anniversary of Roe vs Wade. Abortions have been legal for 44 years. This past weekend, I marched with thousands of people. There were young, old, nuns, priests, monks. It was beautiful to see the amount of people there. Being in college, I saw so many universities and high school students there.

Having Vice -President Mike Pence talked at the rally before the March was an amazing experience. Pence was the first senior government official to speak in person at the rally. Pence said, "Life is winning again in America," before the March. President Donald Trump tweeted, "The #MarchForLife is so important. To all of you marching --- you have my full support!" Trump had call in the march as well as past Presidents such as Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

Being pro- life means that I stand against abortions. Every life means something. God made us for a reason and some people are destroying that life that God had made. The baby is developed at 3 weeks. The cells then officially is an embryo at 4 weeks. At 6 weeks, you can hear a heartbeat.

A USF student, gave a speech at Mass and said that her sister had aborted her nephew. She could not hold onto her nephew. It is not just the mothers that go through with the abortion, it is the family that has to go through it as well. She also said that you don't just walk, you march for the life of human beings. Marching is completely different than walking. It is synonymous but has different meaning. You are marching for a cause in what you believe in. You are walking casually to class. It is different.

Another reason why I love going on the march is the chants that people make up that are against abortions. This is some of the chants that I heard while marching, "Rain drop. Drop top. Make abortion stop stop." "We are a pro-life generation!" "Hey hey. Oh oh. Roe v Wade has got to go!" It is amazing to see so many people marching for the same cause and what people believe in.

As this is my third year going, I am going to continue to go until abortion is illegal because every life is sacred. Every human being is important because God made them for a reason.