5 Reasons why Saturday's are made for football

Football is what every person in the south looks forward to on Saturday.

32
girl at football game
Personal Photo

Football is a sport that has been influencing American for many decades. People enjoy watching football because it brings their friends and family together. Most people gather with their family and cook food to enjoy a game. Football brings family and friends together for quality time.

Rivalries is a big part of football. Everyone's favorite time always has that one big game throughout the season. Actually getting to go to a football game can bring someone so much joy. Nothing compares watching your favorite team win in person.

Quality Time

girl & her sister cheering on the tide

personal photo

Football brings quality time for family and friends. It is just natural instinct to watch football with family. People have been gathering together to watch this sport for many years. Some families only get together to watch a game, so this game can actually bring families closer. It might just be a sport but such an important thing to most people.

Family time is always good to have, even if it is just coming together to watch a game. Most people work during the week and have a very busy schedule. Saturday's are usually everyone days to just relax and lay around. With most families being so busy during the week, it makes quality time you get on Saturday's great. Most people are too busy to go visit family during the week, so gathering on Saturday's over a game is the answer to most people's life.

Tradition

Over 20,000 attended Jacksonville State's first home game

personal photo

Football has always been a tradition in America. People have gathered around to watch football since the 1800s. Football started to become a more popular sport to watch when TVs were invented. This tradition of watching football has always been popular. Also, most families always watch football on Thanksgiving. Some peoples family traditions is just gathering around the TV to watch football.

Playing football in some families is also a tradition. Most guys that play football play because usually a family member had influenced them to. Football has been around for many decades. Over the years, there is become many more rules and changes made to the game. Football is a aggressive sport, so over the years they have made rules to make it a safer sport. The tradition of football though will always continue.

Food

grilling out for game time

pixabay

In most families, food and football just go together. Most people cookout while they are watching football games. Saturday and Sundays families usually bring food and gather together to watch a game. Most people cook finger foods for game day. These things include chips, sandwiches, wings, and desserts.

All Americans love food and football. These things have always went together. If you ever go to any sporting event, I can promise you they will be selling food and drinks. Eating a yummy snack and watching your favorite team, can make the experience more enjoyable for you.

Rivalries

Auburn vs Alabama in 2013

youtube

Rivalries makes watching football so much more fun. Everyone's favorite team always has their one rivalry game every year. A good example of a huge rivalry is the Iron Bowl. The Iron Bowl is when Alabama and Auburn play each other. This is a huge game everyone looks toward to every year. Without big rivalries games, football season would not be the same.

Rivalries games usually brings families together. They get together and cook to watch the big game. In most families, everyone does not cheer for the same team. In my own personal family, some people cheer for Alabama and some cheer for Auburn. During the Iron Bowl, it creates a better atmosphere for a family gathering because everyone wants their team to win.

Game Time

Jacksonville State 1st home game

Personal Photo

There is nothing like getting to watch your favorite team in person. Everyone loves going to football games. The crowd and the energy in the stadium could never compare to anything. Listening to the band play for every touchdown and first downs makes the experience of watching the game even better. The atmosphere of a football stadium always makes watching the game even better.

Being able to watch the plays live action make you feel like you are not missing anything. When you go to the game, you could possibly even met a player after or watch the cheerleaders. On TV, it does not show the band or cheerleaders. When you are able to watch the band and cheerleaders, it makes the whole experience of the game even better. When you have the chance to go to your favorite teams game, it will be a experience you will never forget.

#rolltide #fearthebeak