To Satisfy My Nostalgia...

To Satisfy My Nostalgia...

Here's a list of older games I used to play that are still up and running!

8

I was obsessed with computer games as a kid, so here are some online favorites that are still up! The nostalgia is real!

1. Club Penguin

Everyone loved Club Penguin as a kid! Now, it's new and improved! Membership is free! You heard it--free! The game works the exact same way as the original does. Now, there are more parties, celebrity appearances, and options to choose from in catalogs. You can collect stamps for double the coins in games. Parties feature limited edition clothes, hidden pins, and backgrounds. Puffles can be hoarded or cared for individually. I forgot how much I missed this game and starting at my screen intently for hours while my penguin mined and racked up coins. Club Penguin Rewritten saved my nostalgia!

2. Webkinz

Webkinz used to be SO expensive back in the day! The stuffed animals were ridiculously priced and soon forgotten once their unique code was entered on the site, unlocking the animal online. Webkinz made a ton of money off their target, but is now online free of charge. That's right -- Webkinz is free! I made a dummy account for laughs just to test it out and the rumors are true! You don't need a unique stuffed animal code to have an account anymore. Granted, some of the pet options are limited, but isn't the concept of the game still cherished? Along with its free membership, Webkinz sports trendy and annoying ads on its page, more now than ever before!

3. Purble Place

I remember this game was on the first laptop I ever owned. I used to play it all the time, but I vaguely remember the purpose of the game. Apparently, it is available for download to this day, but the websites look kind of sketchy and virus-y.

4. Rollercoaster Tycoon

This game used to be on a disc. Now they made it downloadable on PC for about $1! They also made different versions of the game, but the overall premise is still present.

5. Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Following the creation of the hit computer game from the early 90s, the American TV show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego began to air. Now, there is word about an upcoming Carmen Sandiego film starring Gina Rodriguez! The game itself was based off Detective Sandiego's career while successfully completing crime-stopping adventures. It was thrilling, addicting, and sure to pass the time.