The Epic Conclusion Of The Infinity Saga

Infinity War set the stage, but Endgame blew us away.

43
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzwqUMH1HA/

There will be major spoilers in here. Unless you have already seen the movie or do care about spoilers, please come back later after you've seen the movie. In case you're wondering, I am listening to the soundtrack writing this. Let's get this started!

SPOILERS IN 3...2...1...

Marvel has spent over several billion dollars throughout 11 years and 22 films to give us one of the greatest stories ever to come alive on the big screen. Millions among millions of people have fallen in love with the characters and have cared for them as they would a close family member. All of this came to an end in Avengers: Endgame.

The movie has already surpassed expectations. Crushing the box office by making $350 million domestically with the previous record sitting at $250ish, and worldwide at $1.2 billion. For reference, $1.2 billion is about how much The Dark Knight made in its entire theatrical run (about 3-4 months), Avengers made that in just 3 days.

Didn't listen the first time? Time for Real Spoilers!

There are so many moments to talk about and not enough time, so let's discuss some of the major moments, in no particular order.

1. Cap Lifting and Weilding Mjolnir

Alluded to in Avengers: Age of Ultron, audiences have always wondered if Steve Rogers was worthy of lifting one of the most powerful weapons in the universe. In Age of Ultron, he managed to lift it just a tad but couldn't lift it fully. Many wonders if it was because of the secret he was keeping from Tony, that Caps friend had killed Tony's parents or if it was that Cap didn't want to embarrass Thor by lifting his weapon. Either way, it was a truly epic moment while facing down the Mad Titan. I audibly cheered out loud in the theater followed by other roaring cheers and applause by the rest of the crowd.

2. Doctor Strange organizing the return of the Vanished

There's a shot in the film of Captain America facing down Thanos and his endless armies. Suddenly, Cap here's a faint buzz in his ear of Falcon saying "On your left", followed by a bright light from Doctor Strange and his fellow sorcerer's portals bringing back almost everybody that can manage to fight in the MCU. Black Panther and the army of Wakanda, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, The Wasp, Scarlett Witch, everybody. If you look carefully enough, you can see Howard the Duck; fun little factoid. Everybody was there, all 11 years of film making building up to a grand finale of the entire Avenger army fighting the greatest threat the Universe has ever faced, The Mad Titan wielding the Infinity Stones.

3. The Sacrifice of Black Widow

Natasha Romanoff has come a long way, from a super spy to running the Avengers during the 5 year time jump after Avengers: Infinity War. She was cold-hearted and ruthless to her enemies, however, she did come to have a heart as seen early on in her relationship with Clint Barton, the Hawkeye. She had become part of a family once the Avengers formed up; they cared deeply for each other and it was apparent on and off the battlefield. When her family was at risk, of not only losing each other but the ones she loved, she saw it as a no brainer for her to give her life for them. It was a heart-wrenching moment, but not nearly as one of the best moments in all of the movie.

4. "I am...Iron Man!"

When all hope is lost, the Avengers army seems beaten and scattered, Tony runs in to face Thanos in a second bout. Thanos builds up the momentum by fighting everybody back and announcing "I am inevitable!" But Thanos is thrown for a loop after he snaps again, but nothing happens. Tony reveals the gauntlet on his own arm and counters Thanos with "I am...Iron Man!" Snapping away Thanos and his army in a moment of poetic justice but at the cost of his own life. The reactions from Spider-Man, War Machine, and then Pepper is what sells the moment. Pepper remains strong for Tony as he is passing by saying, "Everything is going to be okay now. You can rest." Once Tony does pass, Pepper loses her composure. Sending everyone in my theater into a bawling fit, including myself.

5. The Grand Finale

Everybody gets closure to their story. Hawkeye gets back to his family, Thor joins the Guardians of the Galaxy, Hulk remains with the Avengers as Professor Hulk, and Captain America lives. He is sent back in time to return the stones to their proper place in the timeline but doesn't come back when he is expected. The audience comes to learn that he did not return so he could live a full peaceful life with Peggy, ending the movie with the dance that time forgot. This movie was about all of the original 6 of the Avengers and wrapping all of their story lines up, with Marvel manages to do with master craftsmanship. The Infinity Saga has come to a close, now we wait to see what Marvel has planned next for us!