how to stay sane during finals

5 Ways To Stay Sane During The Final Weeks Of The Semester

Let's be honest, this time is literally the worst.

896
Taylor Lauri

Finals week for any college student is probably one of the most stressful times of the year. No matter how organized you are or how good you are at managing your time, finals week always manages to mess all of that up. Coffee, tea and any kind of food will become your best friend ever! It's not only important to focus on getting good grades, it is just as important, and even more important, to take care of yourself. This time can make you feel down and hopeless, but I am here to give you some tips and ideas to help you stay focused and healthy during these final weeks of the semester. The holidays are so close you can almost reach out and touch them!!!

1. Grab a cup of tea

Although it can be very tempting to grab a cup of coffee, grab some tea instead. Not only is it delicious, but it's also better for you. Tea is a great way to keep that belly full and mind calm. When you are at the library or a cute little coffee shop, tea is the perfect pairing for homework or studying. So, next time you go to Starbucks or Pete's or where ever you get your coffee, grab some tea and get to work!!

2. Go for a walk

Instead of taking the bus, try walking! Although it can be hard to get yourself to walk to class instead of taking the bus when it is cold and gross outside, it is very rewarding. Sometimes we need to get up and walk around to help clear our minds. Also, it's a great way to stay in shape. If you've been studying for a while, get up and walk around during your breaks. So next time you decide to take the bus to class, DON'T! Grab a pair of gloves and a nice hat and get on your way.

3. Make yourself a workout routine

I know that it's hard to get to the gym during the winter, especially during finals week. It can be difficult to make time to workout, but if you're studying for a while and you need a break, do a quick workout (you don't even have to leave your room)! You also don't have to go to the gym in order to get a good workout in. Do some planks or some squats and you're good to go. It helps to clear you head and get your mind off of homework. Put on those sneakers and go!

4. Treat yourself

It's just as important to take care of yourself as it is to get good grades. There are so many ways to relax, whether it be taking a shower, lighting a candle or even taking a nap. Put on some music, put on a face mask, do your nails, whatever it takes to help you relax. Take the time out of your day to take care of yourself and relax. It doesn't have to be long, but take some time and just enjoy the relaxation.

5. Stay off your phone

Our phones play such a large part in our everyday lives and have become part of who we are. When trying to study, our phones can be a distraction and can cause us to not fully focus on what we are doing. We need to give these next final weeks the attention they deserve, so put that phone away. Try leaving your phone behind your computer so you can't see it, leave it in your backpack or, if you're feeling really ballsy, leave it at home! I know that sounds terrible but it works. So next time you go to study, put your phone somewhere you can't see it and get to work!!