10 Songs That Will Feed Deeper Into Your Mental Breakdown

College is all fun and games until these songs come on and the mental breakdown starts.

11310
https://www.pexels.com/search/playing/

College is the peak of our lives--the best four years we will ever experience, but you can't experience the good things without the bad. Like everything else, college has its downs. Naturally, to get myself through these difficult times, I play sad music to put me deeper in my bag because, for some reason, that is what helps. Here are my top 10 go to songs to cry out loud to:

10. "Yellow" by Coldplay

Although the song is overall a happy meaning, the melody and tone are just perfect to start off the mental breakdown playlist.

9. "Breathe Me" by Sia

Something I am told every time I am on the phone with my mom during a mental breakdown. It never really works out so I reside to having Sia tell me what to do.

8. "Say Something" by A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera

Say something I'm giving up on my homework, and school, and boys, and everything in between. I'll be in my room crying to this song if you need me.

7. "Amnesia" by 5 Seconds of Summer

This song got me through my first break up and will never not give me PTSD, but is still one of the top crying songs. Who wouldn't want to forget all the bad times?

6. "Too Good at Goodbyes" by Sam Smith

Sam Smith knows it best. Hitting home real hard, he sings about losing someone close to him, but not really being too sad about it because it happens way too often nowadays.

5. "Stay" by Rihanna ft. Milly Ekko 

Going through a rough breakup? Rihanna has your back. It may not be the best idea to stay with your ex, but it is still good to let out all the tears with Rihanna.

4. "I Fall Apart" by Post Malone

Nothing is more fitting than having this song on repeat during finals week or any busy day at school.

3. "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins

Missing home? Definitely play this song. It will have you thinking about Tarzan and his gorilla mom immediately which will then lead to you thinking about your mom.

2. "Hallelujah" by Penatonix

The beautiful rendition of a timeless classic is always one of my biggest tearjerkers.

1. "Happier" by Ed Sheeran

To finish the crying session, at least end with a song that is all about being happier.