ryan blaney

If You Are In The Market For A New Favorite Athlete, Look No Further Than Young Ryan Blaney

As he becomes one of NASCAR's young rising superstars, Ryan Blaney has also adopted many fans across the country throughout his career.

105

Most kids across America have dreams of being a Super Bowl champion, winning the NBA Finals, or being able to hoist the World Series trophy once in a lifetime. But most kids don't dream of going 200mph and being inches away from disaster, well in the case of Ryan Michael Blaney that was his dream.

The 25-year Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver is entering in his 4th full-time season, and second for the historic Team Penske Racing. From High Point, North Carolina, Blaney is the son of former NASCAR driver, and dirt track phenomenon Dave "Buckeye Bullet" Blaney.

For fans who are venturing to NASCAR for the first time, Blaney is one of the most likable drivers in the garage.

He has been able to make many friends with drivers such as Darrell Wallace Jr., Chase Elliott, Corey LaJoie, and Daniel Hemric. Blaney's has also been a very outgoing person when it comes to doing events, and appearances with the media, which has earned the nickname "Yes-Man" around the garage due to his lack of declining appearances with fans, and sponsors. Blaney has also earned the respect of elders in NASCAR, as many veterans and retired drivers consider Blaney as one of the sports rising stars, Blaney has made the Playoffs in the last two season, but has yet to become eligible to compete for his first NASCAR championship.

Before making the move over to Team Penske at the end of 2017, Blaney drove for NASCAR's oldest team. Wood Brothers Racing, where he gained a love and respect for old, and classical styles and music. Outside of the garage, Blaney can be seen wearing vintage NASCAR shirts as well as vintage style shirts, which has drawn the attention of fans across the country. And if that's not enough, he even has a dog, who's named after one of Blaney's favorite singer Striguil Simpson.

Maybe a NASCAR driver who spends his Sundays driving circles for 3-4 hours at a time isn't what you are looking for, then you can catch Blaney on the Glass Case of Emotion podcast with other NASCAR media personalities, Kim Coon, and Chuck Bush. This is the highest rated NASCAR podcast, and has drawn in fans which have given themselves the nickname "glassholes." While many people don't get to see what drivers are like outside of the cockpit, this 1-hour weekly podcast is a great way for fans, and new fans of the sport to get to the personality of drivers, and in this case, Ryan Blaney.

So, if your favorite athlete happens to win a Super Bowl every other year, and won't let anyone else win, then your new favorite athlete should be Ryan Blaney, he's only won twice in 3 ½ years, so he is saving the rest for everyone else.

If your favorite athlete happened to ruin the Los Angeles Lakers franchise because he is "toxic" to play with, then your new favorite athlete should be Ryan Blaney, because he is considered one of the most likable drivers in NASCAR.

Lastly, if your favorite athlete demanded a max contract because that is what he is worth then, well everyone likes money, can't help you there. If you are in the market for a new favorite athlete and want to see what life in the fast lane is like, you should really start following Young Ryan Blaney.