Running VS. Lifting.

Running VS. Lifting.

The pros and the cons.

405
Running VS. Lifting.
Google

I'm here mainly to settle an internal debate of mine: lifting weights or doing cardio. See, most people will tell you that they go hand in hand. One is great for sculpting the perfect beach bod for the summer and the other is great for keeping that pesky cellulose off of your chiseled abs. They would be wrong. In my mind, there are two categories of fitness: running and lifting. I'm here to weigh the pros and cons of them both in order to determine which is more beneficial, and more fun.

Running Pros:

1. You will have a really healthy heart. Seriously, besides like Aspirin, I'm pretty sure running/cardio of any form is the only treatment for heart disease. It clears your arteries and prevents heart attacks, a definite pro.

2. You will have very toned legs. Maybe not sculpted legs, but you will certainly have toned, nice looking legs. Great for any occasion with shorts.

3. Your endurance will be much, much higher. Yes, I am talking about in every aspect. If you think you'll need to build your endurance in any aspect of your life, running will give you more stamina 100% of the time.

4. You can basically run at any point during the day and for any distance and it counts as a workout. Seriously, even if you run a half mile before work, you'll be able to say "Yeah I ran today." Its kind of cheating, but it is true.

Lifting Pros:

1. You will build muscle and boost self confidence. I don't think there is anything more satisfying than looking in the mirror and noticing bicep or pectoral growth. Yes, it sounds tool-ish, but try it and you'll understand.

2. You can be a motivation for others. This could push you into a career as a personal trainer, a motivational speaker, a fitness model. Basically, lifting benefits all aspects of your life.

3. You get to use the excuse "I'm too sore." Yeah, technically runners can to, but no one believes runners when they say it. If you're throwing around hundreds of pounds of weight at the gym, though, you'll get the benefit of the doubt.

4. In this society, you will attract more members of the opposite sex if you lift. Theres a reason why #GirlsWhoLift and #GuysWhoLift trend on twitter.

5. You can watch Dom Mazetti videos and not feel like a complete dweeb. You probably will still feel inferior, but at least you can laugh WITH him and not cry when he insults you.

6. Muscle shirts will now fit on you and you will be able to rock them with ease. No more self conscious beach bod.

7. You can take supplements and buy lifting gear and no one will question you. Seriously I'm positive a majority of power lifters are on roids, but no one cares because they're ripped. Runners get busted for PEDs all the time.

8. Lifting with friends is a legitimate social gathering where you can lift and socialize equally as much, but if you try to run and socialize, you fail at your workout.

Running Cons:

1. You now have to put those annoying stickers on the back of your car letting people know exactly how far you've run in the past. No, I do not care if you've completed a 5K or not.

2. Your shoe game is so weak, its painful to see. If you're wearing asics to parties because they offer more "support" for your high-arched feet, then I hate you, plain and simple.

3. You are always in danger of shitting your pants while you run. Trust me, I've seen it live. This, as well as vomiting, are the two worst parts of running.

4. Running just plain sucks. It really does. You legitimately feel as though you are dying via a sword to the side after like a mile. Not pleasant.

Lifting Cons:

1. You may be labeled a "tool" or a "douchebag." But hey, sticks and stones, man.

2. You could drop a weight on yourself and get hurt. But this injury is way better to tout than a "stress fracture of my left insole arch.

Thats about all I have for the two categories. Clearly, if you have any brain, lifting is the preferred method of fitness here. It make you feel great, not terrible. You boost your self confidence. Your shoe and fashion game is strong. You can pass for professional atheletes. You can probably get a spot on the next Bachelor/Bachelorette. Really, lifting is just the way to go. God, I hate cardio.