25 Rules For Our Yearly Cape Cod Vacation

Mario Kart races are a must and you have to be on your A-game at all times.
212

Every year since I was two, my cousins and I have gone to the Cape every summer.

Some of my favorite memories were made here with my favorite people. Now that the weather is cold and its dark outside, I figured that I'd share the rules of our Cape Cod vacations to make it seem less dark and more beach-y!

Rule 1: You laugh at the people driving the opposite way as you're going over the Bourne Bridge.

Rule 2: Then as you're leaving you realize that everyone is laughing at you.

Rule 3: Your Pinterest board is full of grey weathered sided cottages.

Rule 4: Your favorite ice cream shop is the one at the Cape.

Rule 5: It's sacrilegious for you to eat ice cream from anywhere else on the Cape.

Rule 6: You get ice cream from there every night.

Rule 7: You have a constant countdown for the next time you're going ... that starts from the day that you leave.

Rule 8: Your favorite flower is a hydrangea.

Rule 9: You're perfectly content sitting on the beach doing nothing for the whole day.

Rule 10: Mini-golf is all or nothing.

Rule 11: You've driven hours to Provincetown to see seals ... only to see none.

Rule 12: You've driven a duck boat.

Rule 13: You have a collection of duck quackers from each ride.

Rule 14: You're not really at the Cape until you get a picture of the bushes and send it to the group chat.

Rule 15: You're also a bowling pro.

Rule 16: You save your money for the penny candy store.

Rule 17: Hyannis mall is the place to go on a rainy day.

Rule 18: You spend the rest of your day playing board games.

Rule 19: You have a go-to rainy day movie every year, sometimes two.

Rule 20: The sunset is even more beautiful.

Rule 21: The fireworks are even brighter.

Rule 22: There is no whining because quite frankly, there is no reason.

Rule 23: Mario Kart races are a must and you have to be on your A-game at all times.

Rule 24: Freezing cold outdoor showers are just part of the experience.

Rule 25: The last night is capped off with a family talent show and surf and turf dinner.