To My Roommates Boyfriend

To My Roommates Boyfriend

Thank you for supporting her to pursue her dreams.

32
To My Roommates Boyfriend
Flickr

I swear, you and your roommate could be dating with how often you are together and how well you get along.”

To my roommate’s boyfriend,

The saying above is one we hear often. Your girlfriend has become my sidekick, my sister, and my best friend. You are very lucky to have this girl in your life; I am as well. I just wanted to take this time to talk to you about everything I will do to be the best “boyfriend” she can have at college while you are away.

I promise to always have her best interest in mind.

You aren’t here to always be checking in and making sure she is doing ok with classes, friends, and being homesick. Luckily for you, she has me. She is more than a roommate. She is my best friend and has become a sister. Because she means so much to me, there should be no doubt in your mind that she will not be well taken care of. I will be the person who encourages her to have that extra cup of coffee while studying, tell her when she needs a nap after her 8:00 am made her a tad grumpy, and I will be the person to hold her when she is upset.

I promise to spoil her.

I will always be the person to take her out for ice cream or shopping when she is having a rough day. I also will be the person who encourages her to stay in and eat pizza while binge watching her favorite show on Netflix. I know you can’t be here for every bad day or when she misses her family and dog. But I can promise you that seeing her in pain, makes my heart hurt as well. I will take good care of her until the next time you see her.

I will always be your biggest fan.

You make her so incredibly happy. Anyone can tell by the way her face lights up with you text her or when someone asks about you. That and there are a million pictures of you and her hanging all over our dorm room (I am not complaining because you two are adorable). You are the reason she is the person today, so I thank you for that. I have come to love everything about her and desire only the best for her.

I very well might be in the wedding.

Our RA told us on the very first night that your roommate by the end of the year will either be your best friend and in your wedding, you get along because of shared living space, or you will absolutely hate them. And lucky you, we are the first ones. We have talked about our dream weddings, where we see ourselves in 5, 10 years, and how we want to have kids at the same time so they can all be best friends. I have no doubt in my mind that if/when you two get married, you will have an amazing life together and I can’t wait to look great standing next to her in a bridesmaid dress.

I promise to love her.

I have only known her a short amount of time compared to your relationship. But in this short amount of time, I learned to love all the amazing qualities that I am sure are the reasons you are head over heels for her. Without a doubt, she will do everything and anything for me. She always knows exactly what to say, what my favorite comfort food is, and what music will make me happy. I promise to return these favors with cute notes to wish her good luck on a test she is stressing for, buying her her favorite candy when she is on her period, and I will always have her best interest in mind at all times.

Thank you for always supporting her to pursue her dreams. I promise to appreciate every moment I have with her and I am just as excited to see you as she is.