The Revivalists Take the Reigns at Life is Beautiful

Revivalists blow away the crowd at the Huntridge Stage

22
The Revivalists // Christopher Kilkenny

The Revivalists took the reins at the Huntridge Stage at Life is Beautiful. The New Orleans natives rush on the stage, with high pitch cheers from the majority of girl audience, googling over leading man David Shaw.

Most acts of day one were more on the hip-hop and pop, the band offered a change of pace with their rock energy.

The bands presence and roller coaster of liveliness, rejuvenating the crowd in the most of uplifting way. Lead singer David Shaw’s stage presence of stepping off stage, wooing their fan base, establishing how grateful of the attendees and participating in this one of kind music festival.

Early on in the set, Shaw stared across the crowd and pointed at one young lady in a cheetah print top and skin tight jeans to come up to the stage. Politely, he asks the woman to dance for him as began to sing “You and I.” Through the night they played songs from two of their albums Vital Signs and Men Amongst Mountains, leaving hot single “Wish I Knew You,” saved for the closing spot.

The Revivalists consists of seven members: David Shaw, Zack Feinberg, Ed Williams, Rob Ingraham, George Gekas, Andrew Campanelli and Michael Girardot; climbing the charts in the music-world.

In 2016, Rolling Stone consider them as one of the “10 Bands You Need to Know.” “Wish I Knew You,” came out in 2017, was a number 1 hit in the Adult-Alternative Songs or Triple A chart. Also on 2017, it made it on the Alternative Songs chart.

Check out the Revivalists as they are currently on tour.