Ah, the holidays a.k.a. every retail worker's worst nightmare. Between the extended hours (this means less sleep), the rushing done by the customers, and the crazy sales that seem to be going on until Christmas, this season sure is crazy for those who work in retail. Although it may be the season of giving for most, it is the season of hell for us.
1. Where did all of these people come from?
Yes, I do realize that the holidays are quickly approaching, but I do not remember us being this busy last year, or even last week for that matter. It is like everyone woke up and randomly decided today is the day to buy gifts for everyone
2. What are the special promotions again today?
I swear they change every two hours at this point, it is extremely hard to keep up
3. Why are people in the store at 8 a.m.?
Sure I realize we are technically "open" but my mind is not yet ready to be nice and friendly, let alone help you find the perfect gift for your child.
4. Will there be a time when nobody is in the store and I can just have a minute to myself?
I miss normal retail traffic when I could at least hear myself think for the most part
5. Please get me out of this store alive
Something about the holidays just makes everyone so much crankier, isn't this supposed to be the season of joy?
6. I am not sure what the perfect gift for your child would be
Please stop asking me this, I am not sure what your 12 year old son would love to wear
7. I need my freaking coffee
The only thing that is getting me through this shift
8. Wow, can't wait to do this 20 more times until this season is finally over!!
I'm literally counting down
9. Would I get punched if I punch this customer? Is it worth the risk?
I think it might be worth the risk, so over this lady
10. I do not want to be here any more than you do sir
Yes I understand your wife sent you out to pick up the gifts but I assure you, I probably want to be here even less than you do
11. Can't wait until this season is over
I have had enough of this to get me to next November.