Retail Hates Thanksgiving

Retail Hates Thanksgiving

Big companies need to realize that Thanksgiving is a holiday and not just a time to shop on good deals.

7
Retail Hates Thanksgiving
BGR

Thanksgiving is considered a holiday, but some big companies and even people have forgotten that it is. Within the last fife years, many big companies have opened their doors at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving night or they have deals before the "Black Friday" doors open. What they don't realize is that many families have to celebrate Thanksgiving in week advance or even several weeks before the actual holiday due to the fact that their family member works in retail.

Thanksgiving is about coming together as a family or friends coming together to celebrate what we all give thanks for. I am very thankful for my family and friends because they are always there for me and support me whatever my heart desires. I am thankful for more than one family member that sacrifices their holiday for others who want to go shopping at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving night. I wish that others were thankful for how hard these people work to ensure people get the deals they want on a certain item and make sure that they are safe while shopping. Believe me, it is a lot of work. I have only worked one Black Friday and people are crazy. I am thankful for the fact that they do not open on Thanksgiving night because they care about their workers and they acknowledge that Thanksgiving is a holiday. I wish other companies like Target, Walmart, Old Navy, and malls around the nation would realize that family is more important than getting a pair of Beats for $80 at 6 p.m. I also think that people should realize that family holidays are more important than shopping. I understand that an $80 pair of Beats is a really good deal, but family is more important.

Big companies need to understand that Thanksgiving is a holiday, and it is needed to be spent with family and friends. The least they can do is give their workers one night off from the holidays. We all know how hectic the holidays are and how crazy people can get, and how disorganized a store can get, and I think that this would help relieve some tension that retail workers acquire. Another solution would be to just open the doors at 3am on the Friday after, just like what they all used to do before they realized that Thanksgiving isn't all that important in their eyes.

I wish that Thanksgiving would get more credit because other than Christmas, it is an important time for everyone to get together and share time with your loved ones. It's a time to have fun and play games with your family, share stories of how the year has been, talk about when you plan putting the Christmas tree up, and just to sit around and realize that you have the best family ever. It's a time to appreciate the things, the people and the opportunities that you have in your life.

To big name companies everywhere,

Please think about your employees and realize the importance of this holiday. They work hard to make you money, while you sit at home, watching the football game and eating with your loved ones. Think about how late your workers stay to ensure people are buying the items in your store and how they are promoting your name while shoppers are shopping. Think about your employees families that have to sacrifice their Thanksgiving. What about the families that have traveled from other states to visit? The families that have change their plans so your employee can go to work. Just think about if you had to work on Thanksgiving Day, how you would feel? I'd like to see you walk in their shoes.

Sincerely,

A concerned family member who has family members who miss Thanksgiving