A Response To, "Dear Hillary"

A Response To, "Dear Hillary"

Why I don't support Trump

9
A Response To, "Dear Hillary"
CNN

I haven't really been a person that was politically involved in past years, but this year is different. This year I can vote, in what seems like the scariest election ever.

Recently I read an article on Facebook about Hillary Clinton. In a way, this article is a response to that.

One of the arguments of this article is that Hillary is not the type of leader that we would want representing women. Is a 70 year old perverted man that says he's going to grab women by the genitals a better representation? I don't think so.

I can already hear the negative comments pouring in.

As a woman, Donald Trump makes my skin crawl. If a man ever told me that when you are as powerful as him, you can do anything to women, even grab them by the genitals, I would slap him in the face and kick him in his genitals. I am an independent young woman, and it makes me sick that women would think it's okay for a man to think and say those things.

I want to look at different arguments in this article, and offer my opinion and feedback on them. Each point will have a quote from the article and my feedback below.

1. "You grew up in the rich white suburbs of Chicago as a young child and attended Yale. You then went on to ride Bill’s coattails all the way to your Senate seat as a former First Lady. Any true feminist would look at you and see that you are a fraud." and, "You don’t know any struggle or strife. You are the epitome of “white privilege.” You traipse around in heinous $12,000 suits and preach about how you are for the people—how you are going to pull them out of poverty as you attend events where you give 20-minute speeches to the tune of $500,000 and eat $800 plates of food on your private plane."

Okay, since WHEN has Donald Trump been poor? Since when has he struggled like my family has struggled? When he had to ask his Daddy for a "small loan?" Both candidates are very rich. Otherwise, they wouldn't even be in the position that they are in. So, if Hillary is unfit for president because of her wealth, so is Donald Trump.

2. "Many people believe you are the best candidate for the position because you have been doing this political thing for a while."

Yes, because she has. I would rather have her run the country that a businessman that claims bankruptcy is "good business."

3. "Not to mention you want to allow all of these refugees in. Don’t get me wrong: I am a humanitarian. However, I, as an American citizen, am guaranteed safety as well as the safety of my future children and grandchildren in the Preamble of the Constitution of the United States."

"I understand that we should help people, but at the end of the day, would Syria do the same for us?"

Why should we be good people and help people that are struggling? They can't offer anything to us, so we shouldn't help them? Come on. BECAUSE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. This article claims that we need safety, we need safety! So, would having a president that claims he will just blow countries up be safer? I don't think so. Based on this logic, however, we should just blow up countries that don't like us, because what will it matter? What can they do for us? If I based the way I treated people based on what they could do for me, that would be stupid, and selfish, and just plain wrong. Also, if we are hitting below the belt, doesn't Trump employ immigrants to do his work for him?

4. "You claim to be a friend of the black community and that you’re going to help bring them out of poverty."

I'm not even going to comment on the way Trump talks about African American communities and says, "You have nothing to lose!" I cannot relate to the way African American people are discriminated against in this country, because I am a 19 year old, white, privileged female. I never have to worry about the color of my skin or the way people might treat me because of it. But Trump paints these communities in a negative light and says they have nothing to lose, so they should just vote for him, and I think that is bad. This country has a lot to lose.

5. "Above all things, if nothing else, the reason why I hope you don’t become the first female president is because you are a criminal. It does not matter if you didn’t intentionally use a server that was not secure."

Yeah, lets bring up those emails one more time. How about them tax records, Trump?

6. "You get on your soapbox and claim that every woman who is a victim of sexual assault should be heard—but what about Juanita Broaddrick? Carolyn Moffet? Paula Corbin? Sara Allen-James? Christy Zercher? Kathleen Willey? Monica Lewinsky? All women who were sexually harassed or exploited by your husband."

I think that this is the part of the article that strikes me as the worst, because to go after sexually abused women and try to use that as an argument against Hillary is sick. So, we don't want Hillary to be president because her husband had affairs? But we want Trump to be president, who sexually exploits and takes advantage of women himself. Just grab us by the genitals, we will do what the rich man says.

What has also not been mentioned is the racist remarks Trump has made about people from Mexico, the way he makes fun of veterans, makes fun of disabled people, and denied sexual advances on women because they are, "ugly," among other things. Trump is not a nice man, he does not act like a morally sound man, and he is not the type of person I will ever support.

If I had my choice, Bernie would be president, but since that is not a choice, and we are now choosing between Hillary and Trump, I am not shy to say I will be voting for Hillary. I will not deny that Hillary has made mistakes and that she is not perfect, but I cannot stand behind a man who treats women and humans that aren't white males poorly. I also cannot afford to do what some people do and vote for a third party candidate, because that would take votes away from Hillary, which means less against Trump.

People may say that this "hippie college" that I am going to has changed me, that I have become one of those people that believe people have the right to do what they choose to do. Maybe I have changed. That's what happens when you step out of your bubble and realize that the issues we face cannot be settled with hatred. I'm so tired of seeing hate, and I'm so tired of people thinking it's okay to treat other humans like garbage.

And I'm not sorry if that offends you.

I respect opinions that are opposed to this view point, but I have the right to voice my opinion to.

I will never practice hate, neither will I support it.