Why I'm Not Voting For Donald Trump
Politics

Why I'm Not Voting For Donald Trump

I can not justify supporting a sexist and a racist.

35
Why I'm Not Voting For Donald Trump
cityheadshots.com

Before I go deep into my article, I want to make a disclaimer. I am not a politician, nor do I think that I know everything. I am a young woman that is getting to vote for the first time explaining my opinion on this year's presidential election. As a first year college student, I am able to become my own person and form my own political beliefs. I have to say that I am pretty disappointed (many other college students will agree with me) with this year's presidential nominees. All I see on social media is two adults going at it about each other. This does not seem appropriate for our future president. It upsets me that we have one nominee that tells lies and another nominee that is racist, sexist and a liar. I guess we kind of have to take the lesser of two evils and that is definitely Hillary. I will not be voting for Donald Trump. Here are my reasons why.

#1: He is racist.

I have never seen a presidential nominee be so openly racist. I always think to myself, "How can anyone support somebody like that?" But then I realize that a lot of Trump supporters are in fact racists themselves. So, of course, they will ignore his racist remarks about other ethnicities. I guess they feel as though he's okay if he isn't talking about them. I also feel like he can not get along with other world leaders if he can't even respect people of a different race than he is.

#2: He has no control over his temper.

I have never seen a man as emotional as Donald Trump. He is regularly throwing temper tantrums when someone says something about him. He has shown (more than once) that he can not control his temper. I feel like people should really think about letting this man have control over our nuclear codes. I would not feel comfortable to have a president with his temper. I can honestly see this man starting World War lll. If he wants to respond to a remark about him, he needs to do it in a calm mature manner. There is no excuse for a grown man to act the way that he does.

#3: He's not the most qualified for the job.

Donald Trump is a business man and he will always be one. He has little to no political experience compared to Hillary. We need a politician to run this country and not a business man. All of his plans surround immigration. I'm sorry, but building a wall to keep people out is absolutely ridiculous. When I was watching the first debate I was amazed that people actually think that he can run this country successfully. He never sounds like he knows what he's talking about unless he's commenting on his own business. I would much rather take my chances and vote for Hillary.

#4: He is a sexist.

Donald Trump has been openly degrading to women. I'm not sure what kind of mother would raise her son to be other than respectful of women (or anyone in that matter). He is a public figure that is getting away with his sexist comments about women. I don't want my future children to see that somebody with a mindset like that can become president. His remarks are completely inappropriate and should not be tolerated.

#5: He wants to "Make America Great Again".

So when Donald Trump says that he wants to "Make America Great Again," he's actually only talking about white working class men. He wants America to return to it's "good ole days" which weren't exactly good days for everyone. This applies to African Americans and other minorities, women, homosexuals and people of other religions. We must ask ourselves, "Who does Donald Trump want to make America great again for?" This country is the best that it has ever been compared to its past. Women couldn't vote, African Americans and other minorities were being enslaved and discriminated against, homosexuals were looked down upon, and people of other religions were not tolerated. Trump ultimately promises to put those kinds of people back on top and knocking down others that do not share the same race or gender. This is not what America is.

Think again about who you want to vote for. The outcome will effect you greatly in some shape or form. Which one is really the lesser of two evils? That is for you to decide. This is my opinion, based on all of the information that I have researched about this presidential election. America is already great. Obviously we could be much better, but we will only get there by working to together. Having Trump as a leader will only cause us to sink as a nation.