New Year's Resolutions That DON'T Involve Dieting

It’s never to late to start a new resolution. How about a diet you try this.

30

You don't have to diet to be happy this new year. Counting calories everytime you eat can lead to you on a scale crying because you are not at your goal weight yet. Here are some small things you can do that don't involve tears.

1. Try New Foods

Being a picky eater you know what you like and what you don't like, but in 2019, push yourself to try as many new things you can. From foreign foods to a weird fruit that may even look like a star. You don't have to like it but you never know you may find your new favorite thing.

2. Travel More

Traveling can be very blissful whether it is by yourself or with others. Traveling abroad or locally, or even out of state. It can be so relaxing to get out of your surroundings and seeing something new. Try Disney World or a trip to Canada, or if you are really bold jump on a plane and go to Paris, London, or Rome. Anywhere your heart wants to go!

3. Learn To Love Yourself

I have always been told you can't love anyone until you learn to love yourself. Take care of yourself and just learn to listen to what your body wants. I'm not saying to masturbate but if that helps to do, it is not something to be ashamed of! What I am talking about it being able to wake up and be like "You look great," or "Just have a positive view on yourself don't let the negative things get in the way.

4. Learn A New Language 

French, Spanish, Sign Language are all great languages but all languages are beautiful. It may be hard but even a few simple sentences can impress anyone. I will be the first to admit Spanish is hard, but also very nice to have this day of age. Although I may not be the best at speaking Spanish or French, I can read about most of it. Sign Language is a great skill to have, although you do not speak and it's all done by hand you never know who you will be able to help with this skill, and knowing you may have been the only one around who understood.

5. Read A Book

Making time to read can seem impossible with work and school and life, but this year try to make room. Find a new book or relive an old favorite. Get out of your word and enter a whole new universe. Go to the library and search through thousands of books and you might just find your next favorite book.