Removing Negative People From Your Life

Removing Negative People From Your Life

“You may not be able to control someone’s negative behavior, but you can control how long you participate in it.”

976
Removing Negative People From Your Life

A positive attitude is contagious, but a negative attitude spreads like wildfire. No one wants to be around someone that is constantly negative and complaining. These people are toxic, and it is reasonable to remove them from your life. Just like you wouldn’t want to remain part of a physically abusive relationship, a mentally abusive one is just as serious and unhealthy. As they say, you become who you spend the most time with, so choose wisely.

Someone who is toxic is more than just undesirable. Let’s be honest; there are plenty of people that we could put in the category of undesirable because they are annoying, difficult or bothersome. Toxic people go beyond this. They truly manipulate you; they try to make you feel like it is your fault for their mistakes or hardships. You are the oppressor, and they are the victim. Often, someone who is toxic can be described as “two-faced.” It is important not to confuse this with someone who is nice to acquaintances that may not be their favorite; that is maturity. The toxic person treats you like a close friend but tells negative, skewed statements behind your back consistently.

Toxic people are similar to eating junk food everyday. It is unhealthy for you and can lead to less energy and negativity. Think of it like you're trying to detox the negative people from your life. They don’t need a huge explanation for your reasoning because they’ll just continue to try to manipulate you so that you feel sorry for them. Unfollow or block them on social media, create space and surround yourself with people who are the opposite, positive-minded.

It sounds harsh just cutting off a friendship, but it was probably never a friendship to begin with. There is no reason to maintain a toxic relationship with others, whether it is physically or mentally abusive. It is draining to be around someone who is constantly complaining. Sometimes, you have to be selfish and do what is in your best interest.

It is important to live a healthy life, physically and mentally. There is no reason to waste your time on people who are going to bring you down, make you feel bad about yourself or are in a friendship only for their gain. It is important to remember that it is okay to complain every now and then; we all do it. However, someone who truly has a negative spirit and is toxic complains about everything and appreciates nothing. I promise; amazing things will happen when you distance yourself from negativity.