Remembering Disney Channel Original Movies

Only the classics, of course...
177

As many of us know, Every Disney Channel Original Movie is coming back in May for a wonderful marathon that will satisfy all of our 90s kid dreams. Here are some of my favorites that you may have forgotten (or maybe they're your favorites, too).

1. Halloweentown

You're lying if you said you never wanted to hop on a magical bus and head to Halloweentown with Marnie and the rest of the Cromwell clan. This movie was a classic any time of the year and was followed by three sequels. And as Marnie grew up and headed to college, so did we!

2. Zenon

If only things were really like this in the 21st century! I'd have no problem hanging out with Zenon and the rest of her gang on the Nebula Wade. After watching this movie, Proto Zoa had us singing "Zoom, Zoom, Zoom" and seriously wanting to make it into space. The Zequel and Z3 had us just as excited too!

3. Smart House

I know we all wanted Ben Cooper's computerized mansion with its cool gadgets and awesome party favors (without the overbearing house mother that decides to take over). Scenes to look for? The epic dance scene to "Slam Dunk" among others.

4. The Thirteenth Year

I wanted so badly to be somehow related to mermaids after this movie. And no surprise, when my thirteenth birthday did come I did not miraculously sprout gills and fins. Also pre-Twilight Kristen Stewart is in one scene!

5. The Luck of the Irish

Unlike the Thirteenth Year, I did not want to be as unlucky as Kyle and his family of leprechauns. But watching him get close to his family and duke it out with *Carlton Lassiter from the TV show Psych in leprechaun form* is pretty funny.

6. Mom's Got A Date With A Vampire

And I wonder why we're not so hesitant to try Tinder and other dating sites after watching Adam's mom be kidnapped by a vampire on her blind date. What's worse than getting the blood sucked out of you on a date? Not much, I tell you.

7. Eddie's Million Dollar Cook-Off

EMDCO is not as well known of a Disney Channel Original Movie but Bobby Flay is one of the characters (as himself) and there's some pretty cool cooking scenes. I'm Italian, so food in movies is a plus.

8. Cadet Kelly

Hillary Duff gets sent to boot camp school and Kim Possible (edit: the voice of KP) makes her life a living hell. That is, until they become best friends and perform a cool but unrealistic drill routine to "One Girl Revolution"). Definitely entertaining!

9. Get A Clue

Lindsay Lohan takes on the role of kid-spy when her teacher goes missing. The only reason I included this one on the list because it gave me unrealistic expectations that I could become a spy and there's some pretty cool gadgets.

10. The Even Stevens Movie

Because this is actually a really entertaining movie, it's Shia LaBeouf in his prime, and Kim Possible is a main character AGAIN. It's comedic Survivor in an hour and a half. Enjoy.