Remembering One Of My Best Friends On His Birthday

Happy birthday, Jords..
53

Celebrating someone's birthday has always been my favorite thing to do. I love the happiness you can see in their eyes as they have friends and family around singing to them. I love the little feeling you get when you blow out the candles on a cake, and no one knows the wish you made, except you.

In sixth grade, I met one of my best friends in the whole entire world. His name was Jordan. We had a connection that no one else could really understand. He knew what I was thinking before I said it, and it was the exact same way for me with him. I can't really pin-point the thing I loved most about Jordan, because there were so many things to love, you couldn't really pick just one.

He was the baby of the group, and we always used to make fun of him for that. In response, he would just tell us to shut up, or do his obnoxious impression of SpongeBob Squarepants laughing. Not a day goes by where I don't think of Jordan, or wish he was here to make my day a little bit brighter. That's what he did. No matter where he went, or who he was with, he always had a light to him that he spread onto others.

There are times when I can hear his voice in the back of my mind, even when I thought I forgotten how he sounded. I don't really know how I'm writing this article without crying. Maybe because, I know he wouldn't want me, or any of our other friends to be sad. I remember I took Jordan passing away really hard.

After he passed away, I began to realize what people mean when they say life is short. Treasure those around you, and never go to bed angry no matter how upset you might be.