Remember To Love America

Remember To Love America

We must become the "United" States again.

9
Remember To Love America
Huffingtonpost.com

You won't fix what you do not care about. Many complain about the economy, complain about corrupt or just bad politicians. It is important to remember, however, that America isn't just the government. The American people have been busy dividing themselves from one another. As Americans, we are so quick to divide ourselves into different groups, races, LGBTQ, even political parties -- any way we know of to show how we are different and alienate ourselves from others. What we forget is that while diversity is a wonderful thing. We are the United States. We should be using our differences as strengths, rather than alienating ourselves and attacking those who are different.

This is particularly visible during elections. People become so focused upon whether they are a Democrat or a Republican that they forget they are all Americans. We need to do our civic duty to vote for the best candidate, who will work his/her best to do what is right for our nation. We need to not be so divided that we vote for a candidate solely because they are in a particular party, but instead for the candidate whose views most closely align to our own. We need to not be so quick to attack one another and alienate ourselves from each other. We should love one another as fellow citizens, rather than fight with and slander one another.

Going back to my original point, no one is going to fix what they do not care about. This is why we need to remember to love America. To look past the corrupt government officials. To forget about political party rivalries for a moment. To stop thinking all America is about is unfair taxation. Instead, we need to remember it for the people -- for those who love our country enough to lay down their lives, fighting overseas for our freedom and rights, the same freedom and rights that many of us are no longer content with.

United States: for the good of the whole, rather than looking for what personal gains we can get. If we all take this advice, the government will fix itself. The government will fix itself if each individual politician would look out for the good of the nation as a whole, rather than what financial gain is in it for themselves.

America is our home, as much as we complain about this or that and talk about what can be different. We forget how blessed we are compared to other nations. This is not to suggest that there are not improvements that could be made, but no improvements can be made until we as citizens remember to work together rather than against each other, until we remember to love this nation that we live in and work together to make it better. Our nation has been through so much already and we have always pulled through together. As Abraham Lincoln said, "A house divided against itself cannot stand." Don't let America fall; stand together.